16. Morning.

'-really likes you. And I know you do too, I can see.' I blink my eyes open and find myself in the middle of the bed. 'Can you be quieter, she's right in there.' The muffled voices of Clay and Alyssa start my morning.

'Come on she's so nice and pretty. You won't find anyone like her, and you know it.' Alyssa says as I roll over so I'm facing the wall and cuddle the sheets as my eyes are too heavy to keep open. 'Alright, end of conversation.' Clay says before I hear the door to the small bedroom open. This side of the bed smells a little like Clays cologne. 'Mornin.' I mumble as I hold the bundle of sheets against my chest. 'You're awake?' He asks as I hear his footsteps stop. 'What time is it?' I ask. 'Something past six, feel free to sleep a little longer, mom starts breakfast at nine.' He says. I hum and let out a deep breath. Clay sits down on the edge of the bed and doesn't move. 'Are you not going back to sleep?' I ask as I look behind me to see him sitting with his head in his hands. He looks over his shoulder before moving 'can you scoot over a little?' He asks as he lifts the sheets. I move more to the wall, letting go of the sheets so he has some as well. Even more to his side, it smells even more. 'You smell nice.' I mumble sleepily. 'What?' He asks with a chuckle.

He shifts a little 'Alyssa and me didn't wake you up did we?' He asks. 'Nah.' I say. 'Okay.'

His warmth makes me sigh in consent. The warmth is something I could get used to.

When it's 8:30 we get up, he hands me a hoodie 'you can wear that if you want.' He says. I nod, seeing how I didn't bring anything. He lets me wash up in the bathroom first. When I'm done I walk out to see him in a kind of tight shirt. I walk over and touch his arm with one finger, making him look down at me as I stand next to him. 'Need anything?' He asks. 'No, I just haven't seen your arms before.' I say. He chuckles 'what?' I shrug and grab my phone. He slips on a hoodie, view gone. 'Do you sport or anything?' I ask. 'Not really.' He asks. 'Hm' I give him one last glance as he walks out.

I look at my finger,
why the hell did I do that?