•4• The Boy she prentended to Hate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
QOTD: Call me a stupid? I fake a smile everyday and you believe it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Unedited*

Chapter 4: The beach

Avneet was laying down on her bed. Her head almost on the floor. She was thinking about Siddharth. How confusing her life was getting every passing second.

Avneet's POV.
I don't understand him. Sometimes he acts all rude and dominant and annoying and sometimes, he just has my heart. The more I try to get it out of my heart the more he starts craving his name on it. I'm just going to stop thinking about him. If my fate wants then I'll happily be with some other guy. Yup! That's it! I'm not going to think about Siddharth, I'm gonna think that he's just a passing cloud in my life, and he's not permanent he can never love me, I can never love him and me and him can never be us. I'm not going to think about him.

But I'm thinking about him, even when I'm thinking that I've to not think about his. Oh lord, please help me out. Don't think don't think don't think! Okay what shall I do to avoid thinking about him. Uhh yes. Should I go out with my friends? Oh yes! The best idea.

I texted my friends about going to which of course they agreed. There's beach a minute away my house and we are meeting there. I wore a ripped shorts a lavender coloured loose top. I tucked in the back and tied a bandana on my hair as a ponytail. I took mu flip flops and ran downstairs.

"Slow." I heard my mom say sternly as I stopped. "Where are you going?" She asked removing her reading glasses and keeping the book in her hand down.

"I'm going down to the beach with my friends." I said.

"Are you done with your homework?" She asked.

"I-um not yet, but I promise I'll do it once I come back. Please mom let me go, please." I said whining.

"I want you to be home before the dinner time." She said.

"Omg thank you so much." I went and hugged her from behind. A reminder, my flip flops were still in my hands.

"Eew. Get your hands off me." She said laughing as I laughed with her.

"Bye mom." I said pocketing my phone in my back pocket.

"Bye sweety. Be safe." She said and I hummed loud enough for her to hear and went out.

I reached the beach and decided to call my friends after waiting for 5 minutes.

"Hey, where are you Sam?" I asked as she picked up the call.

"I'm just at the beach and they are coming." She said.

"Wait! Who is 'they' ?" I asked as I heard chuckle nervously.

"T-the-they? Umm Yaa, Medh," she stopped talking there. I knew something is wrong.

"Oh so Medh is they now?" I asked.

"N-no-no you didn't even let my complete. They is Medh, Ashton, Aly," she said and yet I felt she didn't complete her sentence.

"Aly and?" I asked.

"Siddharth." She murmured but I heard it.

"The fuck Sam?!" I shouted at her as everyone looked at me. I muttered a sorry to them and went a bit in a corner. "What the fuck is wrong with you guys? Why did y'all invite him?"

"A-Avneet when I called Medh to ask her come she was with Ashton." She said nervously.

"So?" I asked folding my hands.

"So we invited him but then we felt he'll feel lonely so we decided to invite Aly too and when we called him Siddharth was with him at the soccer practice." She stopped there.

"So y'all decided oh wow, why not invite Siddharth too." I said laughing humourlessly.

"No, we didn't invite him, he invited himself. I'm sorry Avneet. I'm so sorry. I couldn't even say no." She sighed. I sighed too. And took a deep breath.

"I wanted to meet because I wanted to take my mind off thinking about Siddharth." I said pouting. It's gonna be bad day. "Anyways, come here soon." I said and hung the call. I went and sat on the sand. There were very less people on the beach at this moment. The sea was looking so captivating that I felt even if I would've come alone I would be able to divert my mind easily. But my life had to be weird. And for a moment I even forgot about everything and was just admiring the sun beaming on the sea. It felt aesthetic.

"Hey! We're here." I heard Medh shout as she came and hugged me. I stood up.

"Hey." I said awkwardly. I saw the boys coming from behind.

"I'm so sorry. Sam told me everything." Medh whispered leaning. I just looked at her and smiled.

"Hey Avneet. Wassup?!" Aly said and hugged me. I swear to god this guy gets on my nerves.

"Let her breath Aly!" Sam said as he pulled away and I mouthed her a thank you.

"Oops! Thanks for inviting us to this," he looked around, "wow, this place looks beautiful at this time." "Hey, Sam, do you wanna eat some popcorn?" He said pointing towards the popcorn stall at a distance, and even before she could reply he pulled her with him and went away. I saw Medh whispering something in Ashton's ear and he nodded.

"We'll be back is sometime okay?" Medh said and went away. I guess they forgot the reason we came here. The environment just got more awkward. I looked at him and he smiled putting his hand in his pockets. I smiled back. He came towards me and we started walking along the shore.

"Thanks for inviting me, I guess." He said chuckling. He's cute. Nope.

"I didn't invite you, you just decided to tag along." I smirked looking at him as he just chuckled and looked down.

"I'm sorry then." I looked at him and he was looking at the horizon. Quite a nice view. What? I'm talking about the S-sea. Liar.

"Thank you." I said as I he looked at me confused.

"Huh?" He asked again to confirm what he heard.

"Thank you." I repeated smiling at him.

"Why?" He asked still confused.

"For the cheese fries." I smiled and he just smiled back.

"I didn't knew you loved cheese fries so much. Wouldn't have taken them." He said looking down and then looked at me.

"No, I-its alright." I said not sure of my own statement. I heard him chuckle.

"I know it's not alright." He said making me laugh too. There was silence after that. None of us spoke.

"Avneet! Siddharth!" We heard someone shout as we turned around and saw Sam, Aly, Medh and Ashton standing long back.

"I guess we came too far." I told him and chuckled saying a 'yes'. "Coming!" I shouted back and we ran towards them.

"Y'all went too far." Sam said smirking.

"Huh, I guess." I said trying to catch my breathe.

"Where did you guys go?" Siddharth asked them. All of theirs face became red. I rolled my eyes.

"There's no need to ask them. They probably have been doing some shit." I said smirking at them.

"Oh yeah sure." Medh said rolling her eyes as we all laughed.

We sat watching the sunset. The idea of coming here wasn't that bad.

***********
Did you guys like the chapter?

Best part?

Worst part?

Word count: 1294

Written on:12th feb 2021
Published on:18th feb 2021

I hope you like this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment. Bubayee:)))