•19• The Boy she pretended to Hate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
QQTD: never look down on anybody unless you're helping them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Unedited*

Chapter 19: 'you don't know how it feels!'

It's been so long, Mel and the docs are still inside. A few of Emily's relatives have came by to check upon her. Melanie's cousins, aunts and uncle, they have a huge family.

I texted my mom 15 minutes ago about where I am. She asked me if I wanted her to come, but instead I just denied. She had her work today.

Siddharth was still nowhere to be seen. I tried calling him thrice but he didn't pick it up. I stopped calling him.

I saw the doctor coming out. An uncle of Mel went towards him asking about her.

"She is good, she is just a bit weak, she had a lot of blood loss that was the problem, other than that nothing such in major. Thank you avneet for you blood." He said and I nodded give him a small smile. Mel's relatives looked at me gratefully. I felt awkward at that moment.

"Can we go and meet her?" Emily asked.

"After 15 minutes." Doc said and left.

"Where is Siddharth? He is not even picking up my phone." Emily said looking at her phone.

"Even I tried calling him." Said a girl about my age, she's probably older.

"I'll go and check." Emily said.

"Umm no, wait I'll go, you sit here." I said and she nodded giving me a smile. I smiled back and went around the hospital to find him. I looked everywhere, floor number 1, 2, 3 and 4, the cafeteria, the church that was there beside the hospital, I decided to go to the garden, the only place left. There were a few kids playing and older people walking or sitting on the old benches.

I spot Siddharth sitting under a tree isolated. I went near him.

"If you're here to tell me the everything is going to be fine, please go avneet." He said without even looking at me.

"Siddharth, it is fine." I told him.

"You don't know how all this feels." He said angrily. Are we really going there? I don't know how it feels?

"Siddharth Emily is calling you." I told him trying to control my anger.

"I don't want to go anywhere." He said.

"Siddharth, I know how you are feeling right now, but Emily wants you." I told him putting a hand on his shoulder.

"No avneet! No! You don't know how it feels! You don't know how watching your sister almost dying feels!" He shouted at me causing me flinch. It hurt me, a lot. Tears pooled in my eyes.

"You are telling me I don't know how it feels? Me? Really? Someone who lost their sibling? I don't know how it feels? Oh please Siddharth." I said letting out a humourless chuckle. "I- I just came here to tell you, Melanie is fine, she's out of danger, you can meet her in the next 15 minutes." I said and walked out.

I heard him calling my name but I'm not going to look back, I understand he is going through pain but, it doesn't gives him any right to shout at people.

I went into the restroom and washed my face. Flashes of the accident played in my head. The worst day of my life, I lost the only people who ever cared about me. The only people who ever loved me. The only people I loved. My life went upside down after that day.