•1• The Boy she pretended to Hate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
QOTD: Hakuna Matata
~Pumba
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Unedited*

Chapter 1: The new guy

"Avneet!" And there you go again, my Indian mom shouting out my name the fifth time in a row.

"I'm awake mom, can you please stop tearing my ear drums for once?" I shouted back for her to hear me. I removed the hair coming in between my face. And they look like a nest like every single day. I wonder how those rich af girls wake up looking so beautiful. I huffed as I turned my alarm off and looked at phone. It's 8 am tf. I'm half n hour late. What a good day to start on with. Let's go to have shower before my mom barges into my room.

After having my shower I wore a nice crop top with shorts and tied my hair into a pony tail with a bandana. I had to hurry it up so you couldn't expect me to turn into a diva super soon so I guess this will work. I applied my lip balm and mascara as I sprinted downstairs.

"Good morning mum." I said as I sat on the dinning table.

"Good morning Sweety, and oh my god, you're again wearing this mini crop top, how many times do I have to tell you." And again I felt super Indian.

"Mom! Can you please stop? We are not in India, haven't you seen my friends?" I said rolling my eyes as she came with a my breakfast. She rolled her eyes in return as I was about to dig into my food. When my mom hit my hand.

"Grace?" She said shaking her head unbelievably. I sighed loudly as I looked at the dish.

"Mom, saying grace before breakfast isn't compulsory, meal time is more formal." I said again trying to eat when I earned a tight slap on my arm as I whined. "Okay, fine. Good bread good meat thank the lord not let's eat?" I asked looking at her.

"Could've been more formal but start eating before you get late and perhaps, your teacher will give you a detention." She said looking at the clock.

"Oh shit!" I said eating my food faster than ever.

"Language." Mom said as I rolled my eyes. I ate as fast as I could and ran to my school. My and my mom's relationship haven't been so close, but we happen to bear each other. Dad and I were very close. And after his death 3 years back I felt like I lost myself, but my counsellor helped me regain my confidence and liveliness.

"Oh hey Avneet, I've been trying to call you." And there's my Sam, the tomboy, who pretends to hate guys but secretly has a crush on the school's soccer caption, Aly.

"Hey, I just got busy with another argument with my mom." I said rolling my eyes as I removed my phone and saw that it had 5 missed calls, 4 from Sam and one from my counsellor which can surely be checked later. "Hey, where's medh? Haven't seen her in a while." I said looking at her.

"She's stuck with her oh-so-important aunt and cousin who are from india." She said laughing making me laugh.

"Yeah, so this is what you guys do in my absence, bitch about me? Wow." Said my another best friend, Medhavi, well she is from India as well and a proper Gujarati Girl. It was quite difficult for her to adjust in California but damn that girl did her job quite well. Unlike Sam, Medh is the up to date girl who loves self care and has a crush on every single passing guy.

"Whatever, but have you heard about Aly, he's currently been the top grader, I wonder how does he manages soccer and his studies." Sam said opening her locker.

"Well, it's kind of easy if you schedulize everything you know." Medh said as she removed her phone from her pocket.

"Yeah, it's easy for toppers like you to say it like that." I said turning towards my locker.

"Hey, isn't that London?" She said pointing towards a pack of idiots going towards the classroom. London was the diva, who loved nothing but herself and social media apps, you would easily find her on any social media app.

"She's grown." Medh gagged as me and Sam laughed. "How sad it is that it's the last year and non of us has a boyfriend." She said as she we walked towards our classes.

"That it is." Sam said as we sighed.

"But, I've decided to make a boyfriend this year, well, probably I hope it comes true." I said dreamily.

"And Ms Kaur how in the world are you going to find a guy for yourself?" Sam said folding her hands across her chest.

"With my hotness ." I said raising an eyebrow. And they laughed.

"Anyways the class is here, let's go." She said as we all went inside.

No one's POV.
After the class the three best friends went towards the cafe.

"Woah, heard about the new guy in the collage, damn, gotta admit he's super hot." Said a passing girl which got heard by the best friends.

"Hey, who's that guy?" Medh asked sitting on the chair.

"I've heard that he's hot. Well haven't seen him yet, thou." Sam said.

"I know a bit lot more than y'all about him then." Avneet said looking at the girls shooking her head disapprovingly. "He lived in Dubai before shifting here in Cali, he's really really hot! I saw him in the morning and he was talking to his friends." She said smirking at them.

"Damn, looks like Medh got a new crush." Sam said pouting towards Medh who was already dreaming about her new crush, whom she've never seen.

"This girls outta her mind. Anyways, he's too good for Medh you know, I don't think she'll able to captivate him with her beauty." Avneet said winking at Sam as Medh hit her arm.

"Oh please, just wait and watch." She said smirking at avneet as Sam and her exchanged looks. "Btw, have y'all heard about SN?" She asked.

"Neh, didn't he leave the school?" Sam asked her.

"Nope, he didn't. I saw him during our lunch break. He was talking to princi about how his mother's transfer got cancelled and he is staying." She said as Avneet was busy thinking about something serious.

"Avneet!" Sam and medh both said at the same time.

"Y-yes, what?" She said coming out of her thoughts.

"Where are you lost? Do you still like him? I'm sorry I didn't mean to disappoint you or anything talking about him, I- " Avneet cut her off.

"Stop! Geez, it's okay. I don't like him. It's cool, anyways girls, there's a party at Aly's tonight. Let's go and get our outfits." She said putting her hand on her the shoulders plastering a smile on her face. But little did her best friends knew, that she wasn't yet over her first ever love, whom she named as an ordinary crush.

***********

New journey, new book, new story, same sidneet!

_samairaa and medhavixsidneet my people :))

Written on:29th jan 2021
Published on:15th feb 2021

I hope you like this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment. Bubayee:)))