•18• The Boy she pretended to Hate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
QOTD: Beautiful things don't ask for attention.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Unedited*

Chapter 16: 'I just came from dropping them to hospital'

"Ouch, my back hurts." I said as we went to take our luggage.

"Same same." Medh said.

"All I want to do right now is sleep on my bed." Sam said and all of us nodded in agreement.

"Exactly, I'm going to my lovely lovely house." I said picking up my bags.

"No you're not." I heard Siddharth say as I was about to pick up by bag.

"And why not?" I asked.

"Are you taking her on date?" Aly asked causing me roll my eyes.

"I'm too tired for that, I thought she would like to come to meet Mel, she asked her to." He said shrugging. Does he mean if he was not tired he would take me to a date? Neh.

"Omg, i forgot that! Lets go, but before that, you have to promise you'll drop me home, im not going to walk all the way." i asked him putting my hands on my hips.

"Okay." he said chuckling.

"Then let's go." I said. "Bubaye guys see y'all later." We bid each other and sat in Siddharth's car that some of his cousin kept at the airport last night as Emily asked them to.

"I feel so good to come back to California." I said and he nodded.

"Exactly. No place like home." he said and we went into a comfortable silence. We reached his amazing beach side house, that im one day gonna steal, we opened the car doors once Siddharth parked the car in the driveway. He knocked on the door once but no one came to receive it. He knocked it again but the response wasn't any different.

"Looks like no ones home right now." I said and looked at him.

"I dont think so, mel has a holiday today, and mom was home because i was coming." He said looking uneasy.

"Do you have an extra key or something with you?" I asked looking at him anticipated.

"Umm yes, maybe i do." He said and started looking in his bag. he opened the door as soon as he found the key. We went inside forgetting our luggage at the doorsteps.

"Mom, Melanie, are you guys home?" Siddharth shouted out looking into the kitchen as I decided to go upstairs and check, after seeing no one I came down to see siddharth looking at me expectantly, but much to his dismay, no one was found.

"Where must they have been?" I asked and he just shrugged. He tried acting cool but his face did no justice to his actions. There needed no rocket scientist to figure out if he was worried or not.

I took out my phone and siddharth looked at me bemused.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Playing games." I said eternally rolling my eyes. He looked at me exasperated.

"Are you serious?" He asked as i rolled my eyes.

"I'm calling your mom you dumbass." I said.

"Ohh." He said started thinking something, probably thinking why is he so dumb. I mentally laughed at my thought while waiting for Emily to pick my call. After waiting for 30 seconds or so the line ended but she did not pick it up. I looked at siddharth who was as confused as i were.