•21• The Boy she pretended to Hate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
QQTD: everything you want is on the other side of fear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Unedited*

Chapter 21: 'Pinky promise me.'

"Avneet." Siddharth muttered as soon as we sat on the damp grass, I looked at him. "Look, I'm already feeling really guilty of my stupid adamant act, please don't make it worse by ignoring me."

"I'm not ignoring you siddharth." I said without glancing him.

"Have I ever told you that you're a terrible liar?" He asked to which I just smiled and shook my head. "Then here you go, you are a really really terrible liar avneet." He said causing me giggle a little. "But genuinely, I don't know what I was thinking while I jumped through your window and forced to you say something you don't want to, I feel like an asshole."

"You are an asshole Siddharth." I said laughing slightly.

"I- I didn't know you had a sibling." He whispered.

"No one does." I said giving him a small smile.

"Not even Sam and Medh?" He asked clocking his head.

"They are an exception." I said shrugging.

"I know." He said and let out a chuckle.

"Avneet, I'm really really sorry once again to force you to tell me shit, I know that it's quite personal and." If it wasn't for me, he would've kept on blabbering until the sun would've set.

"Siddharth relax, it's alright. I was angry at you, but it's okay I forgive you." He sighed and smiled at me.

"I had an elder sister." His eyes went wide as finally after 5 minutes I spoke breaking the silence.

"You-you did? Umm, I mean avneet it's completely fine, I won't wind if you don't tell me." He said. I know he won't mind, but since he almost knows every single bit about my past, and my present, why not this? After all I trust him, don't I?

"Her name was Eshika." I continued giving him a small smile.

"Pretty name." He said and smiled back.

"Trust me, she was way more prettier than her name." I said as all the memories from my past started playing in my head. "She was just an ideal daughter any parent could ask for." I smiled at the memory at how she used to bring home a new trophy, medal or at least a certificate every time there held a competition.

"She was good looking, huh good looking? Boys literally used to line up for her every time she entered school. You know once, it's was Valentine's Day, and Eshika was not someone to date anybody, so she was single, the entire week before Valentine's, every single day there used to be so so many gifts. And she literally gave me all her teddy bears and chocolates. It was such a great week." I said chuckling as Siddharth chuckled too. His hand made its way to my cheeks to wipe a fine drop of tear that left my eye while recalling the incident with my loveliest.

"She was intelligent, she had the perfect body, the physical features were as amazing as her inner features. She was such an angel by heart. She was human diary. She had everything. She was captain of her volley ball team, she was the topper of the school, boys used to go crazy about her, every single family member used to love her and then, then there was me." I said looking at fingers pulling out grasses.

"I was not so social like her, not as good as her in studies, I was an average student. I always have managed to atleast get 80% and above. But because Eshika has never got any percentage 95% and above, a constant comparison used to take place. My mom never loved me." Siddharth looked at me confused.