•17• The Boy she pretended to Hate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
QQTD: life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Unedited*

Chapter 16: 'why didn't they get divorced?'

It's been three days since we're here. Tomorrow we're going back home. We decided to chill in the villa today. Sam and Aly were spending their quality time somewhere. I really really like them together. Sure they fight so so much, sure Sam says she hates him, but all of us know the truth.

Medh and Ashton were busy clicking pictures near the pool area in the backyard. It leaves me with my bed. I decided to go and knock on siddharth's bedroom hoping him to be as bored as I were.

I knocked on the door softly three times waiting for him to open. I raised my hand again to knock when he didn't open, but he opened the door. He looks cute with his messy hair and no T-shirt. He looked at me and gave a sloppy smile.

"Are you gonna let me in or should I take the cue and go back to my room?" I teased as he scratched his neck embarrassingly standing aside to let me in causing me chuckle. I went and sat on the bed. "What weere you doing?" I asked him as he sat down beside me.

"I was talking to mom and Melanie." My eyes sparkled with joy as he mentioned her name. But then I pouted.

"Why didn't you call me? It's been so long I haven't talked to her." I said disappointed looking down at my lap.

"Give me your phone." He said smiling at me as I looked at him confused. "Give me." He said as I gave him reluctantly. "That's mom's number, you can give her a call later." He said causing me squeal.

"Omg really?" I asked taking my phone back and saving her contact as Emily.

"Yes". He said chuckling.

"How much do you love your mom Siddharth?" I asked him as i laid down on the bed.

"A lot." He said sleeping beside me on his stomach.

"And much do you love Melanie?" I asked give a him a full ear to ear smile.

"Umm, maybe a bit, like a little, a little bit more than mom." He said showing his thumb and finger to tell me. I chuckled at how cute he looked while doing that.

"And what about your dad?" I asked as the room went silent. He sat up and his jaw clenched. He looked at a certain nothing deadpanned. I knew it was a wrong idea to bring this up! "I- I'm sorry." I said and sat up straight looking everywhere but him.

"I loved him more than everyone." He said looking down and then looking at me. Giving me a small sad smile. I looked at him digesting the fact the he's finally telling me something about his life.

"Where is he now?" I asked softly.

"I don't know." He said clenching his knuckles. "Probably with his girls." He muttered and sighed. I looked at him confused. He looked at me. "When I was 13 dad and mom separated. Before that, he everyday used to get a different girl home. In front of us. Mom, Melanie and I. Melanie was too small to understand. In fact she didn't even know anything. Mom was with him, just because he was rich, she wanted for us to have a bright future. She didn't want us to have a bad life, full of struggles. We were living luxurious. Big house, big car, lot of cash. But then they crossed limits. He hit mom, and there it was. They never got divorced, they just separated. They still are legally husband and wife." He said clenching his fists.

I looked at him. He looked angry, really really angry. "He still sends us money every month. I don't really need his money, but knowing mom, she wants a bright future for both her kids, especially Melanie being a girl, she accepts the money."