Chapter 12 - Non-Accidental Confessions

- Chapter 12 - Part 1 -
Warnings: Talk of abuse, neglect, death
Third Person POV

Race clings to Albert as he walks into Jacobi's Diner.

The Newsies in the diner gawk at Spot when he walks in, not expecting to see him. (Except Blink and Mush (and Jack and Crutchie), cause they've been knew since three hours before.)

Jack gets up and walks over to Spot. "Break my brothers' hearts, and I'll break your face." He states

Spot pushes Jack's finger away from him. "I doubt you could, and I will never break their hearts." He responds.

Jack nods approvingly.

"What?" Davey questions, slightly confused.

"Uh-" Race's breath and words got caught in his throat.

Spot grabs Race and kisses him.

The boys stare at them, wide eyed, as Race pulls away and Albert immediately kisses him.

Boots grins. "You're dating?!" He exclaims.

Race turned bright red as Albert pulls away.

He kinda looked like he was going to pass out.

"Did you kill him?" Tommy boy questions, looking a bit concerned.

"Nah," Spot brushes it off. "After he gets over the initial shock and embarrassment, he'll be fine. Give it like ten minutes." He states.

The boys in the room laugh.

"How the heck can anyone date Spot Conlon?" Mike mutters, sliding down in his seat.

"Well, you know Race." Ike laughs. "He's fearless for most things." He comments.

"And stubborn." Finch adds, causing the boys to laugh.

"Is that why you asked me for Albert's name when we won the strike, Spot?" JoJo questions, turning around in his seat.

Spot nods.

Albert blushes.

"That's so cute!" Romeo and Elmer exclaim, causing a few boys to laugh again.

"What's cute?" Race questions. His face had cooled down a bit.

Spot smirks, seeing an opportunity. "You." He answers.

Race takes his hat off of his head, smacking Spot with it as he blushes hard.

He then goes and sits next to JoJo and Mush.

Spot pouts at Albert. "Allll... he still doesn't like my flirting." He complains.

Albert rolls his eyes again. "Poor you."

The fake sympathy in his voice made Spot roll his eyes.

"Wow," Blink mutters, turning back to the boys as Finch distributes cards. "Ain't never thought I'd see the 'almighty Spot Conlon' pout." He comments.