Chapter 4 - Accidental Confessions

- Chapter 4 - Part 1 - Accidental Confessions -
Warning: Fear of heartbreak and rejection, crying
Third Person POV

A/N See this picture of Spot? ^ Yeah, it took me an hour at least to find one of him being close to a smile, and it took me 5 minutes to find the rest of the pictures for the cover. Putting it together took 42 minutes.

Albert's eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Spot?" He questions, his voice soft.

Spot was really close to Albert.

Albert felt his face heat up a bit. Gosh darn my terrible luck-

"You know, it's not polite to not go somewhere when invited to, especially when you don't tell the person you aren't going." Spot states, his arms on either side of Albert's head, keeping him there.

"I- I felt sick." Albert whispers in response, his eyes flicking to look anywhere other than at Spot.

Spot continues to stare at him.

Albert could tell Spot didn't believe a thing he had just said.

Spot puts his face close to Albert's, who closes his eyes.

He could feel Spot's warm breath on his cheek.

"You know, lying to a leader isn't a good thing to do." Spot whispers in his ear.

"I- I'm not- not lying." Albert whispers, keeping his eyes closed.

He didn't want to make eye contact with Spot, since he would break if he did.

"Why are you stuttering then?" Spot questions, his gaze strong.

Albert slowly let's air out of his mouth, he had been holding his breath.

"You're- you're too close." Albert answers, his voice still at a whisper.

Spot smirks at the answer. "Do I make you nervous, Albert?" He questions.

Albert freezes, how the heck does he know my name?

"How do you know my name?" Albert asks Spot, speaking up a tiny bit more than he had before.

Spot shrugs. "Race said it yesterday." He answers calmly, his eyes wandering. "Plus, I notice/know a lot more about you than you think." He responds, his eyes finding their way back to Albert.

"Okay then, do you need something?" Albert questions.

"Why didn't you come to the dock yesterday?" Spot asks Albert.

The redheaded boy opens his mouth to speak.

Spot cuts him off again. "Tell the truth." He adds sternly.

"How do you know I wasn't telling the truth before?" Albert asks, acting a little more sassy than he realized.

"I can see it, in your eyes." Spot answers.

Darn, he must read people well. Albert's eyes widen, does he know about my crushes?

Nah, I've played them off pretty well.

Images of Albert sprinting away from Spot or Race, hiding behind stuff, and blushing when he spoke to them flash through his mind.

Yup, pretty well. Albert smiles, content with himself and his efforts.

Hiding crushes was hard.

"I wasn't feeling well." Albert lies.

Spot growls a bit. Lying annoyed him, to say the least. "I said 'don't lie'. What did you just do?" He asks, his voice sounding icy and cold.