Chapter 29 - A Small Break

- Chapter 29 - Part 1 -
Warnings: Blood, stalkers, bad parents, crying, breaking point
Third Person POV

Race walks with Jack and Smokes to Brooklyn.

Throughout the whole walk, Jack had to stop Race from hurting himself a lot of times.

They were walking relatively quickly and Jack was looking out for Race and Albert's fathers' friends.

Race's nails kept digging into his skin, his lip kept bleeding from his biting it, and he kept tripping.

By the time they got to Brooklyn, Jack held Race's right arm in his hand to stop him from continuing to hurt himself.

The walk there was silent.

Race wasn't sure if that eased his worries or made them worse, but he was freaking out internally.

When they finally got to Brooklyn, Jack and Smokes walked down the dock so fast that it almost looked like Jack was dragging Race along.

And he kinda was.

They found Albert and Spot on Spot's perch.

Race runs ahead of Jack, going and climbing up the perch.

Spot hugs Race when he gets up there, pressing a soft kiss to Race's forehead, before climbing down.

Albert was asleep.

Race cuddled himself in a ball next to his oldest boyfriend, clinging to his arm.

He finally let tears escape his eyes, covering his mouth to keep his sobs quiet.

He swore he saw a few boys like Spot, Jack, and Ace look up at him in pity, but he ignored it.

Race closed his eyes, praying he could drift off into the world of sleep and have peace for a little bit.

Part of his wish was granted.

(Time skip brought to you by Stage/Crackers jamming out to 'King of New York' in CADD class while everyone else was confused.)

Race woke up to himself in a familiar pair of arms, being rocked back and forth, and them whispering to him.

He hadn't even known he had a nightmare until he finally processed what the boy was saying.

His face was wet.

"Antonio, wake up, love." The voice whispers, gently rocking him back and forth. "It's just a nightmare. You're okay, both of us." He whispers.

"So dad's not back?" Race could barely make out words and his eyes were still closed.

Albert sighs. "I'm sorry, Amore." He whispers. "That part is very real."

Race didn't know what his breaking point was, but he figured it was close.

He was so tired, of this and just in general.

Albert pulls Race closer to him, laying Race's head on his shoulder and continuing to rock him softly.

Race just quietly sobs into Albert's shoulder.