Chapter 3 - An Unexpected Visit

- Chapter 3 - Part 1 - An Unexpected Visit -
Warnings: Mentions of Murder, Neglect
Third Person POV

"Train crashes into a cattle of cows!" Albert shouts, waving a paper over his head. (That how a group of cows works lol)

Albert looks at the paper. 'Train stopped for hours while cows block the tracks.'

He shakes his head, such a stupid thing to put as a headline on a paper. Are they trying to kill us? Like, come on, give us some excitement.

Albert sits down, going to look through the paper again, when something catches his eye.

Albert's eyes widen. "A bullet narrowly misses the Governor?" He reads.

He couldn't believe his eyes.

Albert liked Governor Roosevelt.

He wasn't a terrible person- heck, he helped during the Newsies Strike.

How did I not see this earlier?

It's said that the person tried to shoot him when he was in public, but someone warned a police officer before they could shoot.

'They shot the gun, but a police officer pulled the Governor right as the bullet flew past him.' Albert reads. 'They caught the person, and his name is Harold DaSilva.'

Albert stops reading in shock.

He wasn't aware his father had gotten out of jail.

Well, now he's back in jail.

Albert shrugs it off.

He and his father shared the same feelings about each other, 'stay away from me and I'll leave you alone'. They didn't really care about each other.

Albert shook it off and got back to selling. "A bullet narrowly missed the Governor!" He shouts.

A few people come over to him and get papers, looking a bit panicked because of this news.

Albert counts up the coins.

Three pennies and a dime.

Ooh, a dime. Race is gonna be jealous. Albert smirks to himself. He and Race always bet who would get the highest coin/amount of that coin.

It was a little competition they had.

Albert counts his papes. How many do I have left before I can be done for today?

52. Darn. Albert groans. It's going to be a long day.

Later in the day
After selling

Albert skipped going to Jacobi's with the boys.

He didn't really feel like going there.

He didn't think he could see Race right now without accidentally confessing and he didn't think he could deal with Romeo and Finch teasing him and bugging him to confess to Race, and or Spot.