Chapter 2 - "He's Doomed and He Knows It."

- Chapter 2 - Part 1 - "He's Doomed and He Knows It." -
Warning: Pinning? Crushes?
Third Person POV

You see, Albert was wrong and he found that out very quickly.

"So, I heard there are now two Manhattan Newsies on my turf." A familiar Brooklyn accent spoke from behind Race and Albert.

Race turns around, grinning, while Albert was cursing his horrible luck, mainly because he had hoped to avoid Spot.

"Hey, Spot!" Race greets, smiling. "I asked Albert to sell with me today, since we haven't sold together in a while and I miss hanging with him." He explains.

Spot nods, looking Albert up and down.

Why is he doing that? Does he hate me? Albert thinks to himself, confused. He knew he was probably blushing.

Spot looks like he's holding back a smile... Albert was slowly getting more confused.

"Was just wondering." Spot shrugs. "Red didn't recognize him. I guess he didn't realize he isn't the only Newsie with red hair." He states, his eyes finally leaving Albert.

Albert had to stop himself from sighing in relief.

Race laughs, nodding.

I swear- how the heck does he get along with Spot so well? Especially for someone who has a crush. I feel like I just embarrassed myself and I haven't done anything, Albert huffs.

Spot seemed to notice, but he said nothing.

"Well, I should let you get back to selling. I was just checking." Spot states.

Race nods.

Spot's eyes travel back to Albert. "Stop by Brooklyn later, 'kay?" He asks Race.

Race nods.

Albert felt his breath catch in his throat. No way can I do that.

Spot walks away, leaving Albert and Race there to get back to selling.

Albert turns around, coming face-to-face with Race, who was grinning at him again.

"I'm so glad you decided to sell with me today." Race tells him nonchalantly, pulling another paper out of his bag. "I feel like we haven't sold together in forever and we've kinda stopped hanging out." He states.

"Yeah." Albert nods. "Just been a bit busy. The strike was crazy, too." He responds.

Race hums, nodding in agreement.

The strike was crazy, but that wasn't the only reason Albert had been avoiding Race.

Spot was still stuck on Albert's mind.

How the heck can Race talk to his crush that easily? I literally live with one of my crushes, he's been my best friend for years and I can't do that.

I swear he's probably just oblivious to the fact that he has a crush on Spot. That's probably it, Albert decides, nodding to himself. Why can I be that oblivious?