Chapter 22 - Weasel is, Quote, 'A Person We Practice our Insults on'

- Chapter 22 - Part 1 -
Warnings: Secrets, implied abuse, jail, slight mentions of injuries, insulting, mentions of murder
Third Person POV

Race walks to the distribution center.

He had a little pep in his step (yes, his limp was still there as well) and was twirling a bit.

No one was watching, or if they were, they either thought it was cool and watched from a distance, or ignored him like usual, so he did a few tricks as well.

If someone like Davey, Spot, or Jack saw him, they'd scold him for doing this while he was hurt.

Albert would probably do tricks with him if he was being honest.

"Race." A voice behind him calls his name, breaking through his concrete wall of thoughts and dragging him out of his brain.

That was good, in a way.

Race shouts in surprise, doing an aerial into a front roll and landing on the ground.

Race mentally curses in embarrassment and the fact that he was still hurt, but gets up and brushes himself off.

Race turns around. "Morning." He greets, looking at his almost nonexistent nails.

He bit them off, and yet he could still dig them into his arm and make cuts.

It was probably because his arms were weak and cut easily.

"Morning, Racer." Weasel responds. "You sure were lost in your own world, and if I'm not mistaken, you didn't have those bandages yesterday." He points out.

Race rolls his eyes. "I'm not sure you want to hear the 'they're so overprotective and I'm Jack's second' rant." He responds.

Weasel raises an eyebrow. "I'm kind of curious now." He states.

Race rolls his eyes. "You never need to talk to me." He points out, an eyebrow raised. "What do you need now?" Race asks, looking up at him.

Weasel takes a deep breath, looking around to see if anyone was listening in. "I know I hate you and you hate me, but I saw your father the other day, Antonio." He tells Race quietly.

Crap, that was my real name.

Race's eyes widen. "He's in jail." He whispers.

Weasel shakes his head. "He was let out on good behavior." He informs Race softly.

Race steps back in shock.

He grins his teeth, squeezes his eyes closed, and tugs at his hair. "But he can't be!" Race exclaims. "He was in there for life! What 'good behavior' would get someone out of jail for murder and- and that?!" He questions.

"I know what he did to you." Weasel confesses quietly.

"I don't need your pity." Race almost growls out, staring at Weasel.

"And I'm not going to pity you. That's not who I am or my relationship with you." Weasel responds. "Plus, there are many others who already do." He comments.