Chapter 31 - Thinking and Alleys are Dangerous

- Chapter 31 - Part 1 -
Warnings: Mentions of abuse, fear, nerves, blood?
Third Person POV

Race laid next to his tallest boyfriend on his oldest boyfriend's bed.

Spot was out, somewhere, doing something important with the other leaders.

Race turns over, facing the wall next to the bed.

Albert looks over at him.

He lays his head on Race's shoulder. "Didn't we mention that thinking is dangerous?" Albert whispers with a quiet chuckle.

Race doesn't respond.

Albert takes his hand. "Talk to me, Racer." He whispers. "I want to help."

"I'm just worried about Spot, that's all." Race responds after a moment.

Albert didn't believe him.

He didn't believe that that was the only thing on his mind.

But he dropped it.

He knew not to push Race.

At least, not yet.

Albert sighs, pressing a soft kiss to Race's shoulder. "Okay, I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too." Race responds quietly, his eyes still fixated on the wall as he thought in silence.

Albert's eyes kept traveling back to his youngest boyfriend.

He was worried.

About an hour later

Albert stayed with Race the whole time Spot was gone.

He squeezed his youngest boyfriend's hand when his breathing sped up, hugging him close when he showed signs of fear, and tried talking to him.

However, it was clear Race wasn't in a talking mood, but Albert didn't want him to stay silent in fear.

Albert looks up when the door slowly creaks open.

"I'm back." Spot says softly.

Albert smiles slightly, Race still in his arms. "Hey, Spot." He greets quietly.

Spot looks at him, smiling, before he saw Race and got concerned.

Race looks up at Spot, before looking back at his hands.

'What happened?' Spot mouths to Albert as he places his flannel on a chair in the room.

Albert shrugs slightly. 'He's just been like this. Silent in fear.'

Spot frowns.

"I know you're mouthing about me." Race states softly, not turning to face his boyfriends.

"Can you talk to us, Racer?" Spot asks softly, sitting on the other side of the bed.

Albert sits up, letting go of Race.