Chapter 24 - "Race is Always Proud of Them."

- Chapter 24 - Part 1 -
Warnings: Bad parents? Rules? Mentions of stress, but not really?
Third Person POV

"Race, Al," Spot starts softly. "Can we talk a bit?" He asks.

Race and Albert nod.

Race sits up, wiping his eyes.

He hugs Jack and Crutchie again, before he stood up.

Spot let's go of Albert.

The three boys climb out onto the roof to avoid the other boys and climb down from the roof.

They start walking, Race in between Albert and Spot.

Albert was on the inside, closest to the buildings, while Spot was on the outside, closest to the street.

They started walking in silence.

"I'm glad you told us." Albert tells Race softly.

Race nods, staring at the ground.

"Race," Albert starts, stopping and lifting Race's chin to look at him. "It's okay to be nervous. It's okay to be scared. We love you. We're not mad." He assures him.

Race bit his lip, his eyes filling with tears.

He hugs Albert.

Albert frowns, hugging his back.

After a few minutes, they pull away.

Race wipes his eyes and they start walking again.

"I'm sure you probably saw this coming," Spot starts. "But I have a few rules. I'll probably talk them over with Jack before I tell you though." He tells him.

Race and Albert nod.

They continue walking, Race eventually lacing his hand in Albert's and his other in Spot's.

Later
With Spot and Jack

"I want them to stay in Brooklyn." Spot starts.

Jack stares at him. "No." He shakes his head.

Spot scowls a bit. "Kelly..." he warns.

"Spot, they're my boys, never mind my brothers." Jack points out. "The boys need them here and so do I." He tells him.

"They're my boyfriends." Spot reminds him.

"Race is my Second, Spot. I doubt you'd let Ace stay somewhere for a long period of time, especially if he was in danger." Jack responds. "I need him here, for many reasons." He tells him.

Spot scowls a bit, but sighs. "Fine, fine." He agrees. "But I want them to visit a good bit." He crosses his arms, pouting, but only slightly.

Jack nods. "I'll probably have them either sell with JoJo and Finch, or Crutchie and I, or something." He informs Spot.

Spot nods.