Happy Valentine's Day

Andy and Robert had had a more than decent career and had managed to retire early to be able to fully enjoy their free time, be with their two children and spend more time with their 3 grandchildren. This would have been their first Valentine's Day for them as retirees and they had decided to leave the evening off to their children while they would be home with their grandchildren.

On Valentine's morning Robert woke up before Andy, he went downstairs to make breakfast and then take it to bed. After he finished cooking he put everything on a tray and went up to their room, put it all on the bedside table and lay down next to his wife.

Robert: "Good morning my love" he said giving her little kisses on the cheek.

Andy: "Good morning" she replied kissing him.

Robert: "Happy Valentine's Day"

Andy: "Happy Valentine's Day to you too"

Robert then took the tray with breakfast and placed it on the bed and between one cuddle and another they had breakfast. When they finished eating they got up and got ready waiting for their 3 grandchildren to arrive. In the course of the morning Robert had gone out shopping and before returning home he had gone to the florist to get a bouquet of red roses for Andy. Back at home Andy was sitting on the sofa with the grandchildren and when they saw their grandfather they ran towards him to say hello. Robert gave the children some chocolates before giving the flowers to Andy, put the flowers on the kitchen counter and called his wife.

Robert: "Andy, will you help me?"

Andy: "I'm coming" he then saw the children eating the chocolates. "Did you give him those?"

Robert: "Yes, but don't worry there are some for you as well as these" and he gave her the roses.

Andy: "They are beautiful, thank you"

They arranged the shopping that Robert had done, cooked lunch and after eating they all sat on the sofa to watch cartoons. They spent the whole afternoon watching cartoons and playing with the kids without having any more moments alone. During the afternoon they had also decided to prepare the dough for making homemade pizza and the children were very happy with that. When it was dinner time everyone had their own piece of dough and everyone enjoyed making their own pizza with very different and fun shapes. After dinner Andy was left to fix all the mess that had been made in the kitchen while Robert and the children started to see a movie. At the end of the film Andy and Robert accompanied their grandchildren to sleep and they were finally able to relax a bit alone. They snuggled up on the sofa eating chocolates, the fireplace in front of them was on and Andy had found a romantic movie to see. During the film Andy was playing with her ring, she turned to Robert and asked him if he remembered the moment she gave it to him.

Andy: "Do you remember when you gave me this ring?"

Robert: "I could never forget that. That was our first Valentine's Day, it's been years.."

Andy: "Are you saying we're old?"

Robert: "I'm saying that I love you more and more"

Andy: "You saved yourself, ahah. I love you too"

Robert: "Do you remember that weekend?"

Andy: "I remember it like it was yesterday"

Both smiling remembered those magical moments they had spent together.

In that year, Valentine's Day happened over the weekend and for Robert and Andy it would have been the first Valentine's Day as a married couple. They had been through everything and more in the previous months and Robert wanted to do something special for his wife. He had booked a mountain hut in the snow where he could spend the whole weekend alone. Andy did not know where their destination was, Robert had told her to prepare the necessary for 2 days and to pack a dress for their special dinner. During the trip by car Andy tried to ask Robert where they were going but he always received the usual answer "It's a surprise".