You are the love of my life

It had been a very special day, Andy had doubted whether she had deserved the role of Captain, some members of the team had risked dying, Ross accepted the marriage proposal that Robert had made to her and at the end of that long day there was was the ceremony in which Andy officially became Captain of station 19. The day, however, was not over yet because the shift would only end in a few hours and while Andy was in his office he thought about the call they had made during that day and realized she had never asked Robert if he was okay. As chance would have it, while Andy was thinking of looking for Robert, he was passing by Andy's office at the time.

Andy: "Hey, Robert, can I talk to you?"

Robert: "Yes, of course" he replied entering Andy's office. "Everything is fine? Has something happened?"

Andy: "No, no, it's okay. I just wanted to know if you were okay"

Robert: "Yes, I'm fine"

Andy: "Are you sure?"

Robert: "I think so" he replied, sitting in the chair in front of Andy's desk. "I actually don't know how I really feel. You're the first person to ask me that"

Andy: "Really?" she asked in disbelief and Robert nodded. "So you didn't tell anyone about what happened?" Robert shook his head.

Robert: "No, but I'm talking to you about it now" Andy smiled a little.

Andy: "Do you need to go to a meeting?"

Robert: "Maybe I'll do it tomorrow"

Andy: "I think you should do it now"

Robert: "I can't now, the shift isn't over yet"

Andy: "But it is" Robert looked at Andy a little confused. "I think you better talk to someone, it's obvious you're not well and you need to talk to someone about it" Robert nodded. "Before you leave this office, I have to tell you something else"

Robert: "You mean to tell me I'll have to take a week off?" they both started laughing because they remembered when Robert had forced Andy to stay at home for a week.

Andy: "No, no" she replied smiling. "I just wanted to say congratulations, I saw the ring"

Robert: "Oh, this. Well.. thanks?" Andy gave a little laugh. "Sorry, but it seems so strange to me"

Andy: "It's okay" she replied softly.

Robert: "Are you sure?"

Andy: "Yes" she replied trying to smile even though in reality she wasn't as happy as he seemed. "Can I ask you something?" Robert nodded. "Take Beckett with you, he didn't have a good time on the call either"

Robert: "I was just about to ask you if I could take him with me. But if you need our help, call me, okay?"

Andy: "Okay" she replied smiling. "See you tomorrow Lieutenant"

Robert: "See you tomorrow Captain"

After a brief moment in which Andy and Robert looked intensely into each other's eyes, Robert walked out of Andy's office. After arranging some things, she joined the others who had gathered in the kitchen in the meantime and Ross was also present.

Travis: "Sullivan and Beckett where are they?"

Andy: "They went to a meeting, after what they went through today, they both needed to talk to someone" everyone nodded and then Andy turned to Ben. "If you want to go home to Miranda and Pru, go ahead"

Ben: "I will. Thanks Captain" Andy smiled sweetly.

Ross: "So this is how a Captain behaves? After someone has had a bit of a rough day, do you send them home?" she said after Ben walked away.