Separated but together part 1

Some parts are taken from episode 4x01 and some refer to 4x02 so if you haven't seen it and don't want to have spoilers, don't read.

Andy was shocked, after 20 years he discovered that his mother was alive and had abandoned her. She was with her all night telling her why she left, when she realized it was now day and the man she loved, her husband was left alone in the hospital and she didn't keep her promise. to be by his side when he woke up. She left that motel room and headed for the hospital. When she got to him she was still upset about what had happened, she calmed down and then walked into his room. He thought he found him angry because she wasn't there, but he was worried about her he thought something had happened to her. She sat in the armchair next to his bed and began to apologize a thousand times until the words "I saw my mother, she is alive" came out of her mouth. Robert was incredulous at what he had just heard and wanted her to tell him everything and so he did.

Robert: "Oh my god. I didn't want to believe you, I called you crazy"

Andy: "Well, to be honest I acted crazy"

Robert: "Are you okay?"

Andy: "Yes and no. I guess.. knowing the truth is better than continuing to ask questions. But I repeat.." she gets up from the armchair, sits on the bed with him and takes his hand with which without realizing it they begin to intertwine continuously. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you"

Robert: "No, no. I took morphine when I woke up, I needed it but now I'm afraid that.. I'm afraid that I will want to take more. I'm afraid I won't be able to handle it. I have to focus on rehabilitation. I talked to Dr. Shepherd and she advised me to.. take some space"

Andy: "To.. to me?"

Robert: "It's only 90 days, just to go to the meetings, okay? To take this path and recover completely. You shouldn't make big life changes when you are recently sober. I knew it and I was barely sober and you.. you were losing your father. We shouldn't have gotten married"

Andy was confused: "So.. so you regret it??"

Robert: "No! No and I will never regret it. But if I want to stay clean, we need some space"

Andy: "90 days" she almost whispered ..

Robert: "Yeah"

Andy: "Completely.. completely separated"

Robert: "Separated but together if I want to stay clean"

Andy: "And you want?"

Robert: "Yes. I want to have a very, very long life.. and love you in every minute of it"

And at those words on Andy's face a smile appeared, then she went over to him and they kissed, she was happy to know that he wanted to spend his life with her and that he had not regretted their marriage. Before letting her go, he made her lie down next to him and held her tight in his arms. They remained lying on that hospital bed for some time, neither of them was yet ready to leave the other, but sooner or later they had to. Before leaving, they took their phones and activated the reminder that in 90 days they would meet at their home at lunchtime. Then Andy left the room, looked at him for the last time and went home. Since Robert was going to stay in the hospital for a few days, she would stay in their house for those days and meanwhile look for accommodation for the rest of the time. That house without him seemed so empty and cold, everything was different. When she was in their bed in the evening it seemed so big, she missed Robert who held her tight in his arms every time, it would have been difficult to be without him for so long. To feel him close even if they were far away, he slept with one of his t-shirts, they had his scent, maybe in this way he would miss him a little less. Over the next few days while she was packing her things to leave their home, she had also put a couple of Robert's shirts in a suitcase that she used when she was at the station, they would have been a comfort to her on difficult days. He had not yet found a place to stay so he decided to sleep at the station, but he never thought that after a few days that would be his accommodation for who knows how long.