Sign of destiny

Neither of them remembered when was the last time they spoke without having an argument. In the first 10 months of their separation they hadn't said a word and then when they tried to talk they ended up arguing and Andy ended up asking Robert for a divorce. Neither of them really wanted a divorce, but Andy was taken on impulse and made a fool of himself. When she really realized what she had done, she had sought out Robert to talk to him telling him what she really wanted, but he had signed the papers. The discussions between the two continued until Christmas day when they had a friendly conversation in the PRT. Both had really been honest with each other even if a little lie had been told. When Robert said they had never really been happy together, he had lied at that very moment. For the rest of the journey to the station they laughed and joked and then there was a moment of silence where both were immersed in their thoughts. Those thoughts were aimed at all the happy moments they had spent together. They remembered how they fell in love with each other, with their conversations in bed to get to know each other, on their wedding day, every time they danced in their home before throwing themselves on the bed and loving each other for hours and hours. Andy remembered how loved and safe she felt when Robert had been home with her after her father passed away. They both remembered their little moments together at the station when they snuck into their bunks and every other little moment they had together.

Arriving at the station, they joined the team and celebrated until the end of the shift. While they were all celebrating together, Andy thought that if Robert really wanted a divorce, then he would take the papers out of Maya and Carina's freezer and sign them. But Andy wanted Robert to be there with her when she signed that piece of paper.

Andy: "Maya, I have a favor to ask you and Carina"

Maya: "What do you need?"

Andy: "I talked to Robert and it's time to sign the divorce papers, but I wish he was there with me when I do. Can you stay away from home until he leaves?"

Maya: "No problem. When will you do it?" she replied smiling.

Andy: "I think tomorrow morning and.. thanks"

Maya: "Ok, I'll leave the house with Carina" she replied with a smile.

After talking to Maya, Andy went to find Robert to talk to him too. Since her shift was over now, she knew perfectly well that she would find him in his bunk while he changed and went home. When Andy got to Robert's bunk, the door was ajar and she saw that Robert was changing. As it happened when they were together, Andy stared at what she still was her husband and she remembered every time she was enchanted to see his sculpted body. There was one thing, however, that intrigued her this time and it was the tattoo that Robert had done while they were apart and she was thinking if one day she would ever discover the meaning of that tattoo. Robert noticed Andy's presence and called her, but she was so enchanted that she couldn't hear Robert.

Robert: "Andy? Hey? Andy?"

Andy: "Eh?"

Robert: "Why are you here?"

Andy: "Because I wanted to ask you something"

Robert: "You can ask"

Andy: "Could you come to Maya and Carina's house? I'll take the papers out of the freezer and sign them, but could you be next to me while I do it? Alone I don't have the courage to do it"

Robert: "Okay, I'll be by your side" he replied with a bit of disappointment.

Andy: "Are you okay for breakfast tomorrow morning?"

Robert: "Ok"

Andy: "Well.. see you tomorrow" she said with a weak smile.

Robert: "See you tomorrow" he also replied smiling slightly.