A special day

For Andy and Robert, Valentine's Day was not only the day they celebrated the day of love, but it was also the day their first daughter was born ten years ago. From that year, Valentine's Day had become even more special for Andy and Robert and their daughter, Juliet, loved celebrating her birthday with lots of colorful heart-shaped balloons just as her cake had always been heart-shaped. from the heart. Juliet, however, was not their only daughter, but five years after the birth of their first child, Ethan, their second child, was born. A few days before Valentine's Day this year, Ethan asked his father something.

Ethan: "Dad, can I ask you something?" he asked his father after Robert picked him up from kindergarten.

Robert: "Yes, certainly"

Ethan: "But before I ask you that thing, can we stop and have a snack? You know, I'm very hungry" he said, making his father smile.

Robert: "Okay. What would you like for a snack?" he asked his son even though he knew very well what his son's answer was.

Ethan: "I would like some ice cream"

Robert: "Are you really sure? It's very cold"

Ethan: "I know it's cold at least the ice cream doesn't melt immediately like it does when it's hot"

Robert: "You're right about that" Ethan smiled and Robert took Ethan out for ice cream. "Now tell me what you wanted to ask me before?" he asked son about him and the child nodded.

Ethan: "It's my sister's birthday soon and it's also Valentine's Day and.."

Robert: "Are you telling me you want to buy chocolates for a little girl?"

Ethan: "What? Nooo, dad. I want to dress up as cupid and shoot arrows at my sister and also at my mom"

Robert: "Do you want to dress up as Cupid?" Ethan nodded. "Where did you come up with this idea?"

Ethan: "Today the teacher told us that Cupid shoots special arrows to spread love. I love my sister and mother so much and I want to shoot those special arrows too"

Robert: "Ohhh" he replied amazed. "And no arrows for me?"

Ethan: "Of course there are arrows for you too" he replied smiling. "You are my super dad" Robert smiled hugely.

Robert: "What do you think if as soon as you finish eating the ice cream we go and look for the Cupid costume?"

Ethan: "Sounds like a good idea, dad" he replied happily.

Once Ethan finished eating the ice cream, Robert took his son to the mall and they looked for the Cupid costume. For Robert and Ethan, the search for the Cupid costume didn't last long and Ethan wanted his father to buy him many more arrows than were included with the costume. Once they bought everything they needed, Robert and Ethan returned home where they found Andy helping Juliet finish her homework.

Andy: "Did you get lost along the way?" she asked as soon as Robert and Ethan entered the house.

Robert: "No, why?"

Andy: "Well.. Ethan left kindergarten two hours ago"

Robert: "Ethan and I had to do something" he replied remaining vague.

Andy: "What were you supposed to do?"

Ethan: "Mommy.. what me and dad did is a secret between me and him" he replied giving his mother a kiss on the cheek.

Andy: "Ok, ok" she replied, picking up her son. "But now you have to go and take a bath"

Ethan: "No, I don't want to do that. I already did it yesterday, why do I have to do it today too?"