Hope

Possible spoiler for those who have not seen the 5x17 episode, especially the ending. 🤬💔

Robert had given in. Natasha approached him seducing him and he couldn't resist. The last time he had sex he had been with Andy and since she left he hadn't thought about sex. Natasha had provoked him many times, but he had always managed to resist except this time. She started stroking him, he closed his eyes enjoying her touches imagining that the person touching him was Andy. Maybe that was why he gave in, he was thinking about Andy. He felt like he was back when he and his wife loved each other madly in that same bed. After she was done having sex, Natasha rested her head on Robert's chest with a big smile on her face. She had dreamed of this moment from the moment she had met Robert in the marines and now that dream had come true. Robert was stroking Natasha's hair and said something he maybe he should never have said.

Robert: "Andy.. I'm glad you're back home"

Natasha: "I'm not Andy" she replied angrily.

Robert at that point realized that the woman next to him was not his Andy of him, but it was Natasha. He realized he had sex with Natasha thinking about Andy and immediately got out of bed.

Robert: "I think it's better if you leave. I'm sorry, I.."

Natasha: "Maybe it's better. It was nice Robert, but I don't think the same is true for you since you were thinking about your ex-wife" she said marking those last two words.

Robert: "I.. really, I'm sorry.."

Natasha: "Don't say anything else. See you tomorrow" she said as she left and slammed the door violently.

Robert went back to lie down on the bed, but the memory of what had just happened was tormenting his mind so badly that he decided to get up again and change the sheets and then went for a very cold shower. Once he got dressed, he threw himself on the bed and screamed. It didn't seem right what he had done, old good memories resurfaced in his mind and in all those memories Andy was always present. It is in that bed where they first loved each other, it is in that bed that they spent a lot of time talking, it is in that bed that he had asked her to marry him, in that bed Andy had spent whole days crying for the death of her father while he had always been by her side to console her and in that bed they had spent many good times together. He thought dating Natasha would make him forget Andy, but how could he forget someone he had loved madly and still loved? After Claire, Andy had been the only woman who had made him remember what he meant to love, he had learned to be her friend, he had fallen in love with her and had married her. Ever since she left home, Robert hoped every day that she would knock on her door again to go home, but that never happened. Each morning he hoped to find her next to him in their bed, but that had never happened either. All of this hurt him a lot, but he never stopped loving her.

In the following days Natasha had been much more present at the station and sought attention from Robert, while he had done everything to avoid her. The only times they were in the same room were when she was talking to the whole team and once she was done talking, Robert would leave right away. The moments when Robert was doing nothing he took refuge on the roof of the station away from everyone.

Ben and Miranda had officially signed the documents for the adoption of little Pru and everyone was working hard to organize a party. Robert had been the first to launch the idea of the party, he needed to do something without having other thoughts in his head. Obviously everyone agreed with him and given the moment Andy was passing, they obviously invited her too. Andy was delighted with that invitation and had offered to help set up the small party while they worked. She had nothing to do and it would have been a nice distraction for her while awaiting trial. She did not know, however, that she would work closely with Robert. The team was out on a call while Robert, since Beckett had put him on duty at the desk, stayed at the station. When Andy arrived with some envelopes containing the party decorations in her hand, she didn't expect to find Robert.