26: Hail To The Queen 🥀

"But how...", I was so shocked that I didn't even know how to respond, "I didn't even sign the form."

"I was just casually checking our donor's list and...I didn't even myself believe that I would find a match that soon." The doctor adjusted his glasses and smiled at me apologetically. "Sorry, I didn't ask you beforehand."

"So, who is this person?"

"Sorry, we can't enclose the details. You know, to protect privacy."

"Yeah, yeah, I know." I rubbed my hands to control my excitement. "I just can't believe we already found a donor." I smiled at the doctor nervously. "It feels like a dream, which I don't want to break." I looked at Lucas in utter happiness. "Can you believe that?! They found a donor for you!"

"Does that person know what they are doing?" Lukas gave the doctor a suspicious look. "It's not easy to find a donor, let alone that easily. You are not forcing or making a fool out of them right?"

"LUKAS!" I said out of flustered and quickly looked at the doctor. He looked a little taken back by Lukas's words. He quickly looked at me and Lukas. He took some time then slowly started to laugh.

"Hahaha..." He slid his hands in his white coat pockets. "Don't tell me you think of me as a part of the mafia as well?"

"No, of course not." I quickly answered before Lukas.

"You are not, right?" But he just didn't catch my hint.

"No." The doctor looked at him calmly. "I am a doctor. And I always try my best to save people, who really need to be saved."

"What does that..."

"So, when are we starting?" I quickly cut him off before he could speak more nonsense.

"The moment you sign the form."

"I just need to talk to my mom, then I will sign it right after that." I smiled. "Just consider it's done."

"Great." The doctor looked at Lukas. "Until then take care of your health and take your medicines in time. I want you to be fit when we start the treatment." He smiled at Lukas and Lukas just slightly nodded his head.

That rude brat.

After the doctor left I looked at Lukas excitedly.

"I can't believe what just happened!" I extended my hand to him. "Quickly, pinch me!"

Lukas rolled his eyes and pinched me with all of his force.

"OUCH!" I quickly pulled back my hand. "Bitch!"

He didn't respond and focused on finishing his leftover breakfast. I huffed and made a face at him. When he still didn't respond I decided to leave him alone and call mom.

"What?!" Mom looked very shocked. "What did you say?"

"We found a donor for Lukas." I tried my best to be calm as much as possible but I could tell my eyes were slowly moisturizing up.

"That's...that's very great news." Mom licked her dry lips. "I don't know what to say."

"Hallelujah!" I said jokingly. Mom's eyes became glossy.

"It is a miracle indeed." She shook her head with a little smile on her face.

"So, after I talk to you I am going to submit the form then the doctor will immediately start Lukas's treatment. So, I am going to book a flight tomorrow or anything whichever is earliest. You should start packing now."