01: Not A Special Day

-September 18, 2020-

Yoon Hee's POV

[🕐] 6:45 am

alarms ring - 8 years of Dad's ... *hit snooze aggressively.

[🕐] 8:30 am

I was heavily sleeping when I suddenly heard few knocks on my door along with the screams such as "Kim Yoon Hee, you better wake up now before I enter your room !!" and that is Kim Yoo Min, my one and only twin. I know why does he get so excited today. It is because it's our birthday and we're so different. I hate birthdays. Why are we even celebrating birthdays? Is it a celebration of your death, which is coming sooner? Humans are weird.

While I was dozing off, the door is slowly opening by itself, and I saw my mom checking up on me. I'm giving her a smile as a signal that it's okay to enter my room.

"Yoon Hee, are you okay? you look pale. You know today is the birthday of you and Yoo Min right? Yoo Min is inviting a few of his friends here and if you're okay with it, you can come downstairs any time." Mom talked to me softly as she already knew that I hate my birthday.

"No mom. It's okay. You know I don't like birthdays right? If he wants to celebrate it, then let him be. I'll be okay with it. You can also celebrate it with him." I reassured her that everything is going to be okay if I don't even celebrate my birthday.

"Okay Yoon Hee, I won't force you anymore. You're a grown-up already, it doesn't matter what you choose to do or anything else, I'll still love–" while mom trying to finish her sentences, Yoo Min suddenly comes into my room and asked me, "Why aren't you getting ready yet? My friends are coming sooner. Where are your friends?"

We've been twins since 18 years ago and he still doesn't know that Min Hee is my one and only friend? I guess that statement already explains that both of us aren't actually getting along so well. I bet that his friends don't even know about his twin's existence.

"First of all, I don't care about your friends and go celebrate it if you really wanted to. I hate this day and no one can change my decision. Go now. And mom... I love you. I know you love both of us so much and I'm so thankful for that. But for now, you can just go with Yoo Min first. He needs you."

I hope mom understands what I'm trying to say. I just want to be alone now. I never hated my birthday before, not until my special day turned into dad's death anniversary too.

I hope dad was still here with us... Dad, both of your treasures are now 18 years old. I missed you so much. I still remember the promise that you made 8 years ago. You said you'll be here for my birthday. Why do you even leave us on the same day that I was supposed to be happy?

As time passes, I accidentally sleep again after been crying for, I don't know how long.

I hope you're happy there, dad. I love you, so much.