2

Eli's P.O.V.

"Um excuse me." A soft voice spoke. I turned around to see a beautiful girl, probably trying to talk to someone else around me. I quickly looked around and didn't notice anyone else she could be talking to.

"You talking to me?" I ask as I tried to hide my scar with my hand. "Hi, I'm Katherine, I just moved here from Florida. I'm looking for the main office, can you direct me please?" she asked.

I calmed down a bit and answered, "Yeah it's the first door on your left." I said and hurried off to join Miguel and Demetri in the cafeteria. After grabbing a tray I finally spoke up.

There's a new girl in school. Demetri laughed and replied, Finally get a girlfriend there Eli? Miguel and Demetri both snickered as I rolled my eyes. Shortly after she walked into the cafeteria.

My eyes widened and I looked down at my lunch. Miguel noticed and said, "Is that the girl Eli?" Without looking up I shook my head. "Dude don't torture yourself. She looks like one of the rich girls." Demetri added.

"Do you ever talk to the rich girls?" Miguel asked. "Oh yeah, all the time. We hang out after school, make out, give each other hand jobs. Now Eli right here is the homecoming king, gets laid more than anyone. Isn't that right Eli?" Demetri said.

I looked at Miguel and smirked trying not to laugh. "Talk to them? You realize what table you're sitting at right? You've pretty much signed away all hopes of losing your virginity before college." Demetri added.

I looked up and realized Katherine was walking towards our table. "Shit, I think she's coming over." Miguel and Demetri looked up and Miguel whispered, "Here's your chance to talk to her."

Katherine's P.O.V.

"Hey, is it cool if I sit here?" I asked hoping for a yes. "Oh sorry, tables really blowing up right now. I can put you on the waitlist, but it's probably next semester at the earliest." A boy wearing a yellow plaid shirt said as he tapped his fingers on the table.

The two other boys looked at him in disbelief. "It's okay, I'll just find somewhere else to sit." I said slightly annoyed. "I'm kidding sit." He said and I sat down with my tray.

"Miguel." A boy wearing a red plaid shirt said. "Demetri." The boy that gave the sarcastic remark said. I looked over at the boy I spoke to earlier and asked, "What's your name? I never got it."

"This is Eli, he's a man of few words." Demetri said. "Well thank you for letting me eat here." I said as I unwrapped my sandwich. They all nodded and Demetri asked, "Turkey sandwich? Why not the pb&j?"

I looked at everyone's tray and noticed they all had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. "I'm severely allergic to nuts. Why is something wrong with the turkey here?" I asked worriedly as I put my sandwich down.

"No the turkey is fine, just everyone usually prefers the pb&j. I don't have any allergies, but I was born with a cleft lip, this is the scar from the surgery." Eli said as he moved his hand away to reveal his scar.

I smiled at him, he looked really cute with his scar. "I have scars too, but you cant see them. Before my family moved, I was in a relationship with this guy. He wasn't the nicest but I thought I was in love. "He's missing out. By the way, I like your bracelet." Eli said and I smiled.

Eli's P.O.V

"Oh my god you guys, you see the guy over there who looks like he went down on a lawnmower? He's literally wearing the ugliest sweater I've ever seen." Yasmine said from across her table.

Katherine looked at me and then over to Yasmine catching on. "You know your personality would make a great birth control," Katherine yelled over to Yasmine. Laughs and burns could be heard from the near tables.

Yasmine gasped as Demetri spoke, "Okay I like this girl." Katherine looked at me and smiled. I blushed and smiled back.

After lunch, we all went our separate ways to our classes. Demetri and I had next period together, but instead of doing classwork, we talked about Katherine.

"So Eli what do you think about the new girl?" Demetri asked. "She seems really shy, but also like a firecracker." "I bet you'd like to light her fuse then huh?" He said as I playfully shoved him.