8

Katherine's P.OV.

Today's a new day and hopefully Eli's feeling better from yesterday. I skip off to science class happy to see Eli waiting for me at our lab station. "Hey, you," I say as I give him a quick kiss.

"You look stunning today Kat." He says. "Thank you, you look cute as well in your lab gear," I reply. The kids around us began laughing as Samantha walked in with a blow pop stuck on her shoulder.

I look at her and tap my shoulder giving her a heads up. "Thanks for the blow pop guys, really never gets old." She says out loud. She gave me a slight smile as a thank you. 

"Hey everybody, who let the pigs out? I did, because I ordered the fetal pigs, but seriously get in your groups." Mr. Palmer said. "Hey Kat, how do you like your bacon? Extra rare?" Eli asked as Mr. Palmer passed out dead fetal pigs to us for dissection.

I gagged as I looked at the fetal pig in front of me. "You know if this pig was alive I would walk out of here right now," I say to Eli. Eli picked up his pig and made it dance. I laughed at his goofiness.

"I don't know if I should consider that funny or disrespectful," I laugh and slightly shove Eli. He laughed as well until Mr. Palmer quieted us. "Who wants to take Samantha in? This little piggy needs a group." 

I felt bad for her, but not that bad. Sam let her friends make fun of Eli and Aisha and I'm not okay with that. Thankfully, Miguel took Samantha into his group.

"You know Kat I'm kind of surprised," Eli said. "Oh yeah, by what?" I ask confused. "You love horror movies, but get grossed out by a dead pig," He explained. 

"Well yeah, this little piggy could've grown up to be a cute little side of bacon, or even met a partner pig and popped out a couple of piglets," I say and we both started laughing.

I really liked spending time with Eli, it was nice to see him laugh and smile, he truly deserved it. "So Eli what were you thinking for sex?" I ask. "Uh, I- I mean I never uh." He started stuttering.

"Because in the males this tract opens up near the umbilical cord, so I think ours is female," I say. Eli quickly took a deep breath and said, "Yeah, I think you're right."

"You know Eli if you want maybe some time we could practice karate at my place, give you a break from that mean sensei." I offer. Eli smiles and looks up, "Yeah that would be great, maybe tonight?"

"Oh, not tonight. I promised Aisha a movie night at my house. She doesn't have any female friends after what happened with Samantha." I say. 

"I understand, so theoretically if we did catch a horror movie sometime what exactly would you like snack-wise?" He asked as I raised my eyebrow thinking something was up.

"I love Dr. Pepper, as you know from lunch, and I love blue raspberry sour strips, chocolate pretzels, and good ole buttery salty popcorn," I say. He smiles and we continue our work until the bell rings.

After cleaning up Eli walked me outside to the front of the school. He leaned in for a kiss and I gladly met his lips with my own. As we kissed the outside world blurred and it felt as if I had pink sparkly clouds in my stomach.

I was startled by a car honking I looked and it was my mother. "I have to go I'll see you around," I say as Eli and I hug goodbye. 

As I get in the car my mom greets me with, "So that's the boy I've been hearing so much about." I smiled and answered, "Yeah, that's Eli, he's a really sweet guy."

"Good, you deserve a good guy after what the last one tried." She said. I put my headphones in and listened to 80's music. I really love 80's music and movies. Once home I started to set up my room for the movie night with Aisha.