5

Eli's P.O.V.

The next day at school during study hall Demetri, Miguel, and I met up in the library. "So that's it, no more karate?" Demetri asked. "I guess so," Miguel replied. "It's probably for the best. It was starting to boost your confidence." Demetri said.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Miguel asked. "No, what has confidence ever gotten anybody? Except for a black eye and their backpack thrown in the trash." Demetri added.

"I thought it was kinda cool how you stood up to Kyler. And I got to dance with Kat." I added. Kat suddenly walked past the books shelves and to our table. "Sorry, I'm late." She said and sat down.

"Are you insane? Let me ask you what is the best superpower anyone could have?" Demetri asked. "Super strength," Miguel said.

"Oh I know fazing through objects like Shadowcat, or changing your appearance like Mystique from the X-Men," Kat said. Wow, she's pretty and nerdy.

"Wrong! Invisibility, a distant second would be super speed, to run away fast." Demetri said.

"Runaway from who?" Kyler said as he snuck up behind me. We all sighed and Brucks spoke, "It's the object of preposition, remember English class."

"We were just leaving," Miguel said as we all gathered our things. As I got up to leave Kyler grabbed me and turned me around. He grabbed my face and looked at my scar.

"Look at this freak," Kyler said. Brucks started laughing and Kyler continued, "What kind of girl would ever kiss this shit?"

"I would," Kat said. I eyed over to her in shock. "Oh yeah, let's see it then?" Kyler said. My heart began racing as she walked over to me. She pushed Kyler back and grabbed my face.

Her soft lips clashed with mine and she began kissing me. I froze for a second and began kissing her back. It felt like the shock at the dance, only more intense. When we stopped I looked into her eyes. It was as if she held the ocean captive in them.

She turned back to Kyler and said, "Now why don't you take that stupid spikey haircut, and dumb flintstone-looking friend and beat it Sonic the Hedgehog."

The guys and I were in shock. "You wanna say that a little louder bitch?" Kyler said as he approached her. "I don't repeat myself Sonic." She smirked. "Alright, I'll see you around then," Kyler said.

"Oh, I don't think you will." She said as they left. "Woah Kat that was amazing," Miguel said. "Okay, I retract my previous statement. I REALLY like this girl." Demetri said.

As we were leaving the library I grabbed Kat's shoulder. She turned around and looked at me, "What's up?" She asked. "I just wanted to say thank you. You didn't have to do that." I said.

"I know." She smiled and walked out of the library. My heart felt as if I was going to explode. I jogged up to her and said, "Hey, so I was wondering maybe if you would like to go on a date with me. I quickly looked down.

"Sure I would love to. How about I come to your place after school?" She asked. I perked up and said, "Yeah, sounds great!."

                                                                             *TIMESKIP*

Katherine's P.O.V.

I knocked on Eli's door and his mother answered, "Hello you must be Kat, welcome come in." I smiled and walked into Eli's house. "Eli Kat's here," She said and Eli came running out of his room smiling.

"Hey Kat, welcome follow me," Eli said and I gladly did. I walked into his room; I saw a cute date night message on his bedstand. "Awe, Eli this is too cute," I said.

He smiled as he ushered me to sit down on his bed next to him

He smiled as he ushered me to sit down on his bed next to him. "We're going to be watching the entire Star Wars franchise." He said.

"That sounds perfect Eli, thank you." I smiled and his mother entered the room. "Who wants pizza?" She said as she brought us two boxes of pizza, one cheese, and the other pepperoni.

"We do!" Eli and I said in unison. I grabbed a slice of cheese pizza, and Eli grabbed a pepperoni slice. We took a bite and smiled at each other. As we watched the movies I scooted to my right towards Eli.

"Kat I really like you, and I want you to know I would never do anything to make you uncomfortable, upset, or scared." He spoke. His words were sweet and I honestly believed him.

I smiled and laid my body into his side, as I rested my head on his shoulder. He placed his arm back around me and it was as if we were in our own world. After we ate all the pizza and watched the rest of the movies it was time for me to go.

"I had a great time Eli," I said as I gave him a quick kiss. "I did too Kat maybe we could go on a second date sometime." He said. "I would love to, there's a place I heard of called Golf N' Stuff," I said as I left his house.