4

Eli's P.O.V.

"You know, you could just ask Katherine to dance," Demetri said. "Yeah, but what if she says no?" I ask. "But what if she says yes?" Miguel added. I took a breath in and walked towards Kat.

"Hey Kat, maybe wanna dance with me?" I asked and she looked up. She gave me a smiled and said, "Sure." She grabbed my hand and it shocked us both.

"Sorry must be my surgeon outfit," I said. Kat smiled and placed her arms around my neck. I'm so nervous, I've never danced before, let alone with a girl. I placed my arms around her waist.

"Is this okay?" I shyly asked. She giggled and replied, "Yeah this is okay." Just as we began to dance together a song came on and Kat gasped. "He's Back by Alice Cooper I love this song! It's from Friday the 13th Jason Lives."

"You like horror movies too?" I enthusiastically asked. "Are you kidding I love them! The only ones that scare me though are werewolves and possessions." She added.

I smiled and became consumed in our dance, nothing else mattered at that moment. Eventually, the dancing paused as I needed to go to the bathroom. "I'll be right back okay," I said and she nodded.

"So Eli I see things are going well," Demetri said as he and Miguel walked with me to the bathroom. "Yeah, it's going great, I think I'm starting to like this girl."

"Told you, strike first," Miguel added. While using the bathroom Miguel spoke, "First high school dance in the books and we didn't even make an attempt."

"Well statistically speaking zero for zero is better than zero for one, so it could've been worse. And hey at least Eli got some action." Demetri added.

We all tensed up as we heard our bullies enter the bathroom. We crept closer as we started listening in on the conversation. That is until I accidentally knocked over some sports equipment.

Kyler, Brucks, and the rest of his goons started to approach us. I ran out hopping the rest of the guys were behind me.

Katherine's P.O.V.

A video popped up on my phone of a girl with a pig filter at the snack bar. I looked over as she ran upset. I caught up to her and asked if she was okay.

"Yasmine, Moon, and my ex-friend Samantha LaRusso is making fun of me, so no I'm not okay." She said. "I'm sorry to hear that, I'm Katherine. Is there anything I can do to help?" I asked.

"I'm Aisha thank you for checking on me, but I think I'll head home." She said and I nodded. After she left Eli and Demetri came running out of the bathrooms.

"What happened? Where's Miguel." I ask concerned. "Shit, he must still be in there with them," Demetri said. "With who, what's happening?" I ask. "Our bullies," Eli added.

I quickly walked to the boy's bathroom to see Miguel getting beaten on the ground. "Leave him alone!" I yelled. The bullies stopped and looked up at me.

"I think you're in the wrong bathroom hot stuff." The big blonde one said. "I'm in the right one, now leave my friend alone." I spat.

The Asian one walked over to me and got in my face. I started to tremble as Eli walked into the bathroom. "Hey, Kyler can you please just leave her and Miguel alone."

"What did you say freak?" Kyler asked. "I said can you please-" Just as Eli went to finish his sentence Kyler slammed me against the wall. When I looked up he was holding Eli by the collar.

"Trying to defend your lady's honor when you don't even have any yourself freak?" Kyler spoke with venom in his words. I wanted to get up to help Eli, but my anxiety was racing.

My heart was going so fast like it was on a roller-coaster; flashbacks swarmed my mind of my ex and I couldn't act. I began to cry as they beat Eli. When they left I scooted over to Eli.

"Eli I'm so sorry, I started having a panic attack about my ex. I wanted to stop them, but I just couldn't." "It's okay Kat," Eli said with his breaths heavy.

A man rushed into the bathroom and went over to Miguel. "Sensei?" Miguel whispered. "I got the kid you take care of him." The man spoke. I nodded and grabbed a towel.

I wet it and began wiping off Eli's face. "You're bruised." He whispered. "I'll be okay, I'm more worried about you," I replied. I helped Eli up and he called his mom to pick him up.