7

Eli's P.O.V.

After school Kat convinced me to join Miguel's dojo. Demetri tagged along with us and we met up with Miguel and Aisha at the place.

The place was swarmed with people wanting to join and we stood around waiting for Miguel's sensei. I do want to be able to defend Kat better and stick up for myself for a change, so maybe joining will be a good thing.

I want to make things official with Kat, but if I can't even stand up for us how can I make that leap. "Why did I let you talk me into this? This goes against everything I stand for. It's like extra gym class for no reason." Demetri said.

"Let's just give it a chance, you saw the fight, Miguel kicked ass, plus Kat asked me" I replied. Demetri rolled his eyes and a blonde guy came out of a doorway wearing a black karate gi and headband.

"QUIET!" He shouted. Everyone jumped and faced the guy. "Face front. " He said as he started walking around to us. "Nice shirt." He said to Demetri. "Thanks," Demetri replied enthusiastically. 

"I'm kidding it sucks." Miguel's sensei said as he started walking around making fun of the others. "When I look around this dojo I don't see Cobra Kai material. I see losers, I see nerds, I see a fat kid with a funny hat with his tits popping out, and I see a girl with lame glasses."

Kat instantly faced downward and I grabbed her hand. She slightly looked up and gave me a half-smile. Miguel's sensei continued on, "But my short time as a sensei I've also seen some miracles. So, maybe there's some hope for you yet, but first I need to see where you're at."

"So everybody fall in." We all looked around not understanding what he meant. "That means line up," Sensei said. We all got in a line behind one another. "No, get in lines." He corrected.

"You mean like rows?" Demetri asked. Sensei Lawrence groaned and put his hands on his face. "Fighting positions, jab punch." He ordered. We all started practicing and Kat looked like a natural. She seemed so focused and dedicated.

"Hey, Lip," Sensei said. I looked at him nervously. "Yeah, you the one with the freaky lip. Who do you think I'm talking to?" He asked. Demetri quickly chimed in, "Excuse me but Mr. Lawrence." "Sensei Lawrence!" Aisha quickly added.

"Okay. You really shouldn't make fun of someone's physical appearance." Demetri said. "Oh, is that so." Sensei Lawrence asked. 

"Yeah, boomer," Kat said as some of the kids snickered. "I don't know what a boomer is, but what am I not supposed to mention his lip at all?" Sensei Lawrence asked.

"Well yeah." Kat and Demetri said in unison. "Maybe that's what they teach you in school, but in the real world you can't expect people to do what they're supposed to do."

"Alright, you hear that Lip? If you can't handle someone making fun of you how are you going to handle an elbow to the teeth?" Sensei asked. 

"By calling the police," Demetri said stretching his words. "Dude, knock it off," Miguel said. "What, he does realize the Nazi's lost the war right? Why should I be scared of him? Because he's got a snake on his wall?"

"It's not like he's a teacher who could give us a bad grade. We're paying him, he works for us. It's not like he can actually hurt us." Demetri said. Sensei Lawrence began to approach Demetri. 

"Oh shit," Miguel whispered. "You done? Hit me, go ahead. Hit me. Strike me right here" Sensei challenged.  Demetri tried to throw a punch but got blocked. "Harder," Sensei said. 

Demetri tried to punch him again, but like the last one, it got blocked. "Is that all you got Princess?" Sensei asked as he flipped Demetri to the ground. We all jumped in shock.

"Let that be a lesson to all of you," Sensei said. After that ordeal, Kat caught up with me outside. "Hey, don't listen to that jerk. I thought you looked really cute today." She said with a smile. I gave her a smile back, but I didn't want to be just 'cute' to her.

I'm tired of getting picked on and made fun of. I honestly don't understand what Kat sees in me. Maybe she just feels bad or something. I gave her a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek and went to my mom's car.