Right and Wrong

Scarlett's POV

I stopped before the stairs of hospital.
I look at those swinging emergency doors. An ambulance stopped just at the entrance, getting someone down from the stretcher. I release the breathe I didn't know I was even holding.

"Come on." Jackson said, placing his hand on my back.

I nodded and went inside.

The lady at the reception was busy in answering phone calls and thoroughly checking the computer screen. The guy next to her was working on the computer. Once Jackson asked him about Ethan, the guy went through the system and then gave us the number of Ethan's Room. We made out way towards it.

We pass by the waiting room. Alot of people were there waiting impatiently. My eyes landed on a lady with a baby in her arms, rocking them back and forth on her chair. I don't know what exactly happened to her but Good Lord! Take care of them and give them the strength they need.

We reached to the Ethan's Room. The door was slightly opened. Jackson directly barged into it as soon as the lady nurse finished doing her work. I was standing against the door frame. He didn't saw me. I stepped outside to give that lady nurse a way out as she was approaching the door.

"WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING? " Jackson yelled and smacked him.

"Hey...Easy dude! "Ethan groaned. Jackson was blocking the view with his broad-shouldered body.

"Hey..." I cleared my throat. They both looked at me. Ethan was sitting on the edge of the bed. His right arm was fractured and he had couple of band aid on his forehead. Other than that, he was still able to save his beautiful face.

He eyed at Jackson and I think..Jackson mumbled something ...and then nodded. I just stood there.

"I am gonna go and see the doctor." Jackson said to him and gave me a smile. I nodded and he left the room.

My heart was beating fast. The room was filled with the silence. I did come here for him but I don't know where to start.
He was looking at the floor. After a few self chats in my mind. I came up with a basic question.

"How are you, now? " I asked.

"Better." He nodded.

"What are you doing here?" He asked with a confused face.

"I was there when Jackson got the call from hospital. Umm... We were working on our project." I replied.

He nodded slowly. A hair strand fell down on his face, hindering his eyes. There was this urge within me to push it back. But I couldn't do it.

Again the room was filled with silence. I rocked back and forth on my feet, looking around. It was already dark outside the window.

" I- "

" The doctor said that you can leave now. You just have to take rest at home. " Jackson walked in checking the reports.

We both nodded in response.

-----*-----

Jackson stopped his car in front of Ethan's house. It looked like nobody was home.

"Why there's no one at home?" Jackson asked looking at Ethan in the back view mirror. I looked at him as well.

"They are out of town." Ethan sighed.

Jackson nodded and we all get out of the car. I took Ethan's files and medicine with me and Jackson helped him.

Last time I remember, I came here to drop his drunk ass at home. A smile formed on my lips remembering that night.

Jackson unlocked the door and the three of us got in.

"Anyone want some water? " I asked them as they nodded.They both left for the upstairs. The kitchen was easy to locate. I walked into it and poured water from the jar.

I filled other two glasses and went upstairs.

"You gotta talk to her dude. I can tell something is off." I heard Jackson say.

I don't really know how to react because somewhere inside...I wanted him to talk to me too. I walked inside pretending I didn't hear any of it.

"Here" I gave them their glasses. His room was quite decent. There was a wooden shelf in front of his bed, which perfectly goes with the blue colour of the wall, giving it a more authentic look.

"I have some calls to make." Jackson said looking at Ethan. He gave me a smile before leaving the room Once again, the silence filled the room.

My hands were getting sweaty as I rubbed them on the back of my jeans.

"Umm...Have a seat." He said, making space on his bed for me. I sat beside him.

Seeing him made me feel like letting everything out, erasing all those things that happened.

Still, his presence and silence was comforting.

"H- how did you get into this?" I tilted my head, examining his face.

"I- I don't know. All I remember is me driving, and I don't know how I ended up with my head on the steering wheel." He said, touching the band aid on his forehead.

"You should be more careful." My voice came out a bit softer. He nodded in response.

I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder. He didn't twitch. Maybe he was expecting this?

You always wish to have this one person in your life to be there by your side. Such a person, is hard to get. Losing them once, and finding them again is even harder. Tears started to form in my eyes, the white floor was now blurring my vision. I wiped those tears, and couldn't help but sniff.

He started humming. It was 'Just you and I'

"You still remember?" I chuckled, wiping the tears.

"How could I forget it?" He placed his hand on mine and smiled.

My eyes landed on his smiling lips. His smile was genuine. The way it used to be.

"Ethan, I- I am so sorry!" I couldn't hold myself for any longer, and hugged him. I didn't want to cry, but all those emotions were getting to me.

"Hey" He held me tight. "Rose" He murmured, ribbing my back to comfort me."It's okay. It's okay."

Things could have been different if I knew what was right and wrong back then.

Right now, all I know is that I need someone with me. I need him with me. You know when you have that gut feeling about someone's intentions with you, that they aren't really bad news, but you still go and believe other people's words about them. You don't only question them, but yourself too. You suddenly feel like you were used. You start questioning your own existence. That's what happened. Maybe sometimes people are right but that's just sometimes. Not always.