Pulled Away

Scarlett's POV

"Text me when you reach home. " Jackson said as I got into my Car. Since, my car was at his place, I asked him not to drop me home.

"Okay, I will." I smiled and nodded. I started the engine and hit the road.

I rolled down the window, letting the cold breeze feel on my face. Lots of things in a single night. I couldn't stop thinking about us. Maybe,it's time to give and take the second chance.

I reached home and pulled into my driveway.

Mom was not home for the weekend because of her frequent meetings out of town. If she was here, I would probably be dead by now.

I took out the keys from my bag and stepped in. I switched on the lights and laid my bag on couch and took out my phone. It's battery was dead, I grabbed the charging cable lying besides the couch and plugged it in. I switched on my phone.

What the hell is going on?
My phone starts beeping like crazy.
The list of notifications starts flashing on screen.
15 Missed calls?
Mom, Hannah, Kelly, Edwin?

EDWIN!
Oh shit!
Fuck..
How could I !?

I took out my phone from charging and called Edwin hurriedly.

"Hey-

"I am so so so sorry, Edwin. I-I don't know, how I forgot! God this is so embarrassing." I got up from couch and walking back and forth.

"Hey! Hey! It's- alright. I was worried about you." His voice was not cheerful as it usually use to be.

"I-I am so sorry, I was stucked somewhere and my phone battery died and the date- it slipped out of my head" the last part came out really soft.

"I hope everything's fine." He said.

"Yeah. Now it is." I replied.

"It must be a long day for You. You should get some rest. We'll meet at School. "

"Wait- let's meet tomorrow." I suggested. I was feeling guilty for standing out on date.

"Scar, it's alright,you don't have to do this, I understand."

" Please.. I insist "the guilt was talking here.

"Umm.. Okay. "

"don't worry, I won't stand out." I said biting my lips.

"Okay" He chuckled. "I'll pick you up tomorrow,Rose."

"Good night" I smiled.

I didn't wanted to make it awkward by directly meeting him at school. I hope everything will be fine by tomorrow.

I texted Jackson as he asked me to do. I texted girls on our group chat, not about Ethan or Edwin.
I called Mom. She was worried sick.

I had to pull away my phone from my ear when she starts yelling.

" Scarlett Rose, let me come back home and we'll have a proper conversation about it. Till then, do not ever forget to pick up my Call."

I scrunch my nose.

"Yeah Mom. I am so sorry, I didn't wanted to make you worry."

" did you had your food? " She asked. Mom being mom. No matter how much she scold or yell, she always take care of you.

"Nah, I am about to have it." I replied walking to kitchen.

"Okay. Now go eat something and take care,honey. I gotta go now."