History Together

Scarlett's POV

"So, how was it? " Kelly leaned forward and asked Hannah.

"Um.. How was what?" She bit her lips and looked down on her food tray.

"Hey! I know you! We have history together- and chemistry together." Kelly tries mimicking Jackson. I couldn't help but laugh at her attempt.

Hannah covered her face with her hands.

"Am I in trouble?" She asked with pleading eyes, looking at both of us.

"Hey, it's okay.. Baby steps.. Alright." I patted her back.

"Or baby walk?" Kelly added and we both burst into laughter. Hannah rolled her eyes in response.

"Oh my God, funny, isn't it? " Hannah said sarcastically "now can we stop making fun of it." She rolled her eyes.

"Okay okay! Now spill the beans baby. What did you talk about?" I asked her.

"Yeah! When is the wedding?" Kelly added and Hannah rolled her eyes.

"Shush, let her talk." I shushed Kelly.

"Okayy" Hannah said, her eyes didn't fail to express her happiness. "First of all, I wasn't expecting this to happen." She smiled looking at me.

"You know, I had this habit of....babbling when I am nervous." She paused. I nodded to let her continue.

"Here we go. " Kelly put her head down on the table.

" I was babbling all the way to the class. I don't know what he might be thinking about me then. But, then we had to share the same desk as we were late and.. " She took out a notebook from her bag.

"And?" I and Kelly asked in unison.

She turned the pages of the notebook and showed them to us.

" Turns out he couldn't stop talking as well. " She blushed.

"Oh my god! " Kelly and I said in unison. Clearly, the excitement of your friend talking to their crush will always be on next level. You love seeing them taking baby steps, you love teasing them.

The last pages of the notebook were filled with a blue and black pen, both the handwritings were familiar to me, the talks, most of it was bitching about the subject.

Two fed up kids with the burden of history.

"Where's his number?" Kelly turned the pages and checked every corner of it.

Hannah cleared her throat and waved her phone in front of her and smiled. Kelly's mouth hung open.

"After all these years, finally!" she squealed.

"You know Rose, when we were in middle school, Hannah saved that jerk from falling in the mud and since then this all started. " Kelly said.

"It was 6th grade okay. I mean, back then, if you saw an exceptionally cute grinning boy running and was about to fall in the mud, you wouldn't want his pretty face to get hurt right? " Hannah explained.

"Indeed." I chuckled and nodded.

"Speaking of grinning, where's that nonstop grinning face guy of ours? " Hannah looked around.

" I don't know what's wrong with him! He ignored us like a piece of shit. I mean seriously!? " Kelly scoffed and take a bit of her burger.

"What? Why?" Hannah scrunched her nose.

I cleared my throat.

"About that. " I looked down at my tray for a second. They both looked at me.

"Umm, Edwin and I went on a date yesterday, the date went good and"

"And?" They both said in unison.

"I kind of pulled away during......the kiss? And I think he is ignoring me now. "

"Huh?" They both said together.

"But why? What happened?" Hannah asked.

"I don't know, it just didn't felt right." I sighed. "I mean going out and all were nice, sweet and good. But, I don't know." I ran my hands through my hands." And now I kind of feel like it's okay if he's ignoring me. I need some time to think about it. " I said.

"Hey, that's okay. Take your time, figure out things." Hannah consoled.

"Yeah. If you want we can cover you with our shields." Kelly pulled out an imaginary shield from under the table and grinned.
Hannah rolled her eyes and I smiled.

"Thank you, guys," I added.

-----*-----
A/ N :

Hey guys!
I hope you all are doing great. I know, the updates are getting late(sometimes). My exams are finally happening in October, after that I'll focus on the story.

Till then, You can check the work of writing_slowly, She got this wonderful book "Epistles: Mr. Nobody ". It's just 15 chapters long, so I guess It won't take much long to give a shot to this masterpiece. I loved it so much, I hope you all gonna too. Do give it a shot.❤❤

Thank you :)