déjà vu

Scarlett's POV

Okay so that happened in 1864. 1864...wait..where did I heard that..

My eyes didn't left from those digits written on board in our beloved history class.

"Yeah.. TVD! " I mumbled while writing it for reference to remember.

"Yes absolutely correct Miss Rose." I heard Mr. Frederick.

'Shit' I shut my eyes close and opened it. Mr Frederick and everyone else was looking at me.

"I-I am sorry." I said with guilty eyes.

"No- no, it's totally fine. It's a good way to remember the years this way." He said and it was kind of hard for me to figure out whether he said it sarcastically or seriously.

" I- "

"Now concentrate in class." I tried to say sorry again but he cut me off. I went back on writing the notes.

History does fascinate me and remembering its dates or year with reference to birthdays and shows, sounds bit nerdy but this is what it is.

The bell rang and finally done.I quickly put everything in my bag and got up from my desk.

"So,you're getting along with that new guy? " Jenna called from behind.

"Excuse me? " I said.

"What was his name again? Edwin? Right?" She smiled mischievously Or evil grin you can say.

"Wait am I having déjà vu? déjà vu of you can't keep your nose out of my business.Geez,Grow up Jenna!"

"Didn't you told him how easily you get into bed with someone? "

"Just like how easily you forgot your bleeded nose." I fake smiled and popped her nose.

"listen you-"

"No you listen honey, if you're so desperate for my attention or someone else's, you could have said to me, I would love to have a replay of beating the shit out of you."

"I am just curious, how come you took admission here? And where are your chipmunks? Did your previous school throw you out? " She smirked.

"It's none of your business,I guess. Now will you excuse me."

I turned around and walked out of the class.

-----*-----

" You kids do need a break." Jackson's mother stood against the door frame."Look at her, she can fall asleep anytime now." She said to Jackson. I chuckled and rubbed my eyes.

"We are almost done with our project mom" Jackson said without taking his eyes away from his laptop screen.

"Thankyou Mrs. Davis for being my saviour."

"Let him do his work.You can join me in the kitchen. Atleast, I won't bore you like this nerd here." We both laughed.

"You know I don't like that word." Jackson said.

I got up from my place and went to kitchen with her.

"I have never seen you before in this town." She said.

"Yeah, my mom got transferred here. We use to live in kingspring town."

"Okay." She smiled.

"So how did you two met in school? Any specific kind of story."

"Oh no,no,no. We're not a thing. We're just friends." I was embarrassed. He was right, his mom think exactly what he said.

"Oh Jesus! I am so sorry, I thought-He usually don't bring anyone other than his friends here. I am so sorry dear."

Doorbell rang.

"I'll be back. " She left the kitchen. I looked around, the kitchen was kind of huge.

"Oh dear, how are you now? Jackson told me about your accident. "

"Yeah it's better now. "

Oh fuck,
It's Ethan.

"Well come in, Jackson is in study room, project stuff. "

I was glued to my place.

He saw me and stopped in his way. And I skipped a beat.His hand still got the plaster.

"Oh.. Umm hey. I didn't knew you were going to be here." He gave a quick smile.

"Yeah,project stuff. "

" Oh, you two must be knowing each other, right? " Mrs. Davis said.

"Umm-" I don't know how to answer this one.

"Yeah....we share some classes." He nodded without taking eyes off me.

"Yeah" I gave a quick smile to Mrs. Davis.

"Why don't you two go join Jackson and I'll bring you kids some cookies." She said.

" Mine's choco chips." Ethan smiled and went to Jackson.

"Yes I know that." Mrs. Davis chuckled."and you Scarlett?"

"Umm..no need to worry about me Mrs. Davis, I'll be just leaving now." I said checking my wrist watch.

"But why-"

"It's kind of getting late. I gotta grab my bag..from room." I smiled nervously and left the kitchen.

Ethan was sitting on couch in study room,going through his phone while Jackson working on laptop.

"Hey" I said clearing my throat. They both looked at me, Ethan gave a small smile.

"I gotta go now.... it's getting late now. Our project is almost done, right? " I said.

"Umm.. yeah. It's just conclusion part is left..I guess we can work on that later on call." Jackson said.

"Okay, cool. Thanks." I said. I grabbed my stuffs and bag. " See you guys later." I gave them a small smile and left.

"Scarlett"

My heart skipped a beat,again. I turned around Ethan stepping out of the door.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah..I am fine." I tried acting out normal.

"I-Ar-" He stumbled over the words. I raised my eyebrows.

"Just wanted to know... are you okay?" His eyes were filled with worries. As if trying to search for answers on their own, by just looking at me. Making me to lower my guards, again.

Not again. I can't. The moment I lower my guards, I'll be vulnerable, I'll be the one left hurt.

But I wanna trust these eyes, again. Because, something that they keep telling me,since they broke my belief.

"Rose?" His voice brought me back from my thoughts.

"You okay?" He tries to put his hand on my arm but I stepped back.

"Yeah- just tired. I am gonna go now." I tucked my hair behind my ears. My heartbeat were going crazy, I need to leave.

I turned around and left him behind. I can still feel his eyes on me. I took a deep breathe once I got in my car.

You better be ready to answer those questions, Rose.