Inches apart

A/n :

Hey guys! I hope you all doing well. It feels like a long time(approx 20 days) since I updated the last chapter. So,here I am to keep you up with the story so far.

Recap-
Scarlett and Edwin went on a date where they met Ethan. They three had kind of friendly talk. Next day, she met Hannah and friends. But during the lunch break, Scarlett was lost in her own thoughts.
Since, it was monday she had her therapy to attend where she found that everyone in the group were listening to Ethan,who got bruises on his face. What??

She was sitting there confused about what was going on with him.
Mr. Warren, the therapist, decided to do some role play activities for group which lead Ethan and Scarlett to pair up for the role play.

So this was a quick recap of last few chapters.

Keep reading guys!

----*----

Ethan's POV.

"Hey mom! We're on vacation at Chris's beach house.I'll call you in morning.Take care, love you." I sent her voice mail and kept my phone in pocket.

Loud music blasting is still audible this far away. I walked back to the party side and blended in.

" This beach party is lit Chris! " Jackson yelled over loud music.

Lit? I doesn't find it lit...

" It's just bunch of strangers partying together in a hell of a summer." Chris chuckled.

I made my way for drinks.
I passed by Jenna Stones and her girly girls group who clearly checked me out which I respected with the smirk.

I passed by some other kids of our trip group.

There was basket filled with beer bottles. I picked a bottle and took a sip and turned around.

"WAIT-"

I suddenly stopped on my way saving my drink from spilling.

We were just inches apart. She was looking so cute and beautiful. Her eyes widen, her cheeks were reddish. My eyes landed on her lips which she bit.

"I am so sorry-" She started apologizing. Her face looks familiar.

I shook my head.

"It's okay. "

"Wait— I think I know you...you're that Earbug." She smiled and pointed finger.

"Earbug?" I asked then the memory of the parking lot hit me.

"You're that Car girl,right.Now I got you." I smiled back.

She chuckled.

"Hii, I am Scarlett Rose. " She brought her hand forward.

"Ethan Jameson." I smiled and took her hand.

-------*-------

Scarlett's POV.

Scarlett's POV.

" What have you done to this car? How can you be so careless, son. " I got into my role of Dad as per Role play.

"I didn't do that,Dad. It—it was parked in parking lot, when I got there I found the rear light broken. It wasn't my fault." Ethan remained at his place and avoided eye contact.

"I think you're just making an excuse. " I walked towards him and glared.

"EXCUSE? Why would I be making excuse?" Ethan stepped backward.

"Yeah.. Isn't it what you do? " I didn't avoid the eye contact.

"Isn't it what you do dad? " He snapped. "It's your excuse for not letting me drive your car." He ran his hands through his hair.

"Maybe there are some reasons why I don't. " I tried to justify.

"Reasons? Okay.. Is it like you don't trust me? " He snapped.

"No Ethan! I trusted you with this car... I trusted you when I said listen to me. " I snapped back. I fought back tears.

I don't want to let my guards down. Not again.

"I listened. I was there when you needed me...wasn't I? " He came closer to me. This time he didn't shifted his gaze.

We both were knowing where this is going.

" I— I.. " I don't know what to say next because part of me knows he was there.

"Okay guys.. This is getting somewhere else, I guess. You both can get back to your seats. Thankyou." Mr. Warren interrupted.

We stepped back and got on our seats.

----*----