My Girl

Scarlett's POV.

It's already 8 and I am still on bed and I just have 30min for myself to get ready.

Fuck!
I cursed under my breath.

I climbed off the bed and quickly went for shower and did my business. My body felt the warmth wrapped in the towel. I grabbed the first thing that got on my hand from closet . It was a V neck full sleeves t -shirt and black ripped jeans. I quickly did my hair in a half bun.

I came downstairs and saw mom talking on phone and sipping her coffee. So I tip-toed to kitchen.She gave me her famous 'You're- already- late' glare which I responded with puppy face and mouthed her sorry. I grabbed an apple from the fruit basket and rushed out of the door.

As I got into my car,I checked my phone, a reminder of meeting Mr. Warren flashed on my screen. I put it back in my pocket safely.

Soon, I reached my so called destination, School.
I walked in through the school doors and saw chattering, laughing and smiling faces.

Thank god! I am not that late.

I saw Hannah standing against my locker and waving at me with a nervous smile. I waved back. I walked towards her.

"Hey " She said with a concern.

"Hey,Are you okay?" I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Are you okay Rose?she asked silently. You looked bit worried yesterday during lunch.". Talking about trips, still makes me anxious. So I did what I am best at 'avoid'.

"I-I.... don't wanna talk about it right now....Sorry. But I am fine." I gave her a half smile and averted my eyes from her concerning ones and quickly took my notebooks out of the locker.

"I am sorry,n-no problem. I just- wanted to let you know that I am here for you.I know we don't know each other that very well-but I don't know why, it feels like we have that- connection of being best friends or maybe just great friends." She sighed and gave a sympathetic smile.

Best friends.
How we evaluate...to give some certain person or people a tag of 'best friend'. They became a part of us and sometimes that part affect us.
I-I don't believe in best friends anymore. It is hard to make a new one when you already lost that part of you.

But her concern towards me brought a smile on my face.

I pulled her in a hug and whispered a thankyou.

"Ms. Jones! Are you flirting with my girl? "Edwin interrupted us and fake exclaimed.

I coughed on 'my girl' word.

"Hey...Shut up!" Hannah rolled her eyes.

"Stop teasing her Edwin. You're seriously getting on her nerves. " I scolded him while suppressing my laugh.

"Yeah! Exactly!" She yelled.

"Okay!okay!" He raised his hands in surrender.

I chuckled and shook my head.

I shut my locker and we walked towards our classes. Today we have seperate ways to goes, since we don't have first class together.

I rushed to the class. Kelly and kevin both were in the class already sitting with some other friends of them.
Kevin waved and I waved back. He asked me to come over there but I declined the offer, no place was empty near them.

I looked around and saw some familiar faces such as Jenna Jones and her minions busy in their bullshits. I rolled my eyes. Then, there were Jackson and Jace sitting together and checking their phones and laughing and then there was...
Ethan.writing something on his notebook and laughing on Jackson and Jace jokes.

I looked for the empty seats in the class. My eyes landed on empty seat which was unfortunately, besides Ethan.

God Seriously!

----*-----