Trust

Scarlett's Pov

How fast things change, from good to better, better to worse.
That's how we were. And yet again we are here in good to better mode.

Everyone deserves a second chance. Well, I wasn't up for it. But you changed that in me.

Giving a second chance also means letting my guard down...again.

His eyes...
They don't lie, right?
I took a heavy breathe and entered the school.
It's been couple of days, I haven't seen Ethan that much, but we are in touch through texts now.

I entered the class and found an empty seat. I sat down and start scrolling through the text.
A smile formed on my face while looking at the memes we have been sharing.

"Oh my goodness, someone is smiling pretty hard."

I shifted my eyes to Hannah, who was standing beside me.
I couldn't help but chuckled.

"Wasn't you smiling the same way yesterday?" I said referring to when she was constantly on her phone texting Jackson.

" It was nothing ! " She rolled her eyes and tried covering up her blushed cheeks and sat down beside me.

"So, how is it going on between you two?" She asked. The day I told her about my meeting with Ethan, she had a mixed emotion, she was happy but worried about me.

Well, I didn't tell her the whole story yet.

"Umm... I don't know..texting happening? " I shrugged.

She sighed.

"I know it's not my place to advice you anything but— please be careful. " She sighed and smiled weakly.

"Kara, you don't have to worry about me. " I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Kara?" She looked at me, confused.

My heart skipped a beat for a second. Did I say Kara instead of Hannah?

My mind which was at the moment few seconds ago now wandered back to places where it shouldn't go.

"Umm..I am sorry. Hannah..not Kara" the last word came out as whisper to myself.

"I'll be fine" I nervously smiled at her, she smiled and tried to analyse the situation and got back to her work.

I closed my eyes and counted backward from 5 and sighed.

My phone vibrated on my hand, it was a notification of text from Ethan.

'hey is everything okay?' the text says.

I looked around and found him sitting in row right to me.
His eyes met mine.
" What happened?" He mouthed.

A weak smile formed on my face and I shook my head.

I replied to his text.
'meet me in parking after school, okay?'

-----*-----

Am I doing this right?
I don't know.
Should I do this?
I don't know.
I feel so?

I paced besides my car in parking lot.

My eyes keep looking for Ethan.
Will he be coming or not?
My hands starts to get sweaty.

I checked my watch, will we be able to make it back in time ?

I saw him walking towards me.

"Hey...what happened?" He put his hand on my arm and rubbed it.

" Y-yeah I am fine. You didn't bring your car today?"  I scanned the parking lot for his car.

" I brought it, but parked in corner somewhere" he turned around to check.

" I— I wanna take you somewhere " I looked into his eyes."please trust me on this."

His eyes were trying to solve the mystery I had in mine.

A small smile formed on his lips, he caressed my face, a warmth touch I knew I can trust now.

" I do trust you, Rose."

I touched the back of his hand, assuring myself.

I took a deep breath and got in car.