Skip a beat

Scarlett's POV

' You know I am here for you, Scar. But you are the one pushing people away and not giving them chance.'

'are we seriously talking about this, right now?'

'I know you are hurt. Broken. Not letting anyone know, but you gotta give them a second chance to explain.'

' You know what Kara, I already had enough for today, just leave me alone now.'

'Sc—'

'Just go'

I woke up in haste, heart pounding. I rubbed my forehead from the back of my hand, finding myself sweating. I looked towards the window, the sun was about to rise. I checked time on my phone lying on the side table of my bed. It's 6 in the morning.

I closed my eyes in an attempt to amend my dream, to fall back in and control every factors that happened there. But failed to do so.

I had no other option than to get up from bed. I went to washroom, did my business and got myself ready for morning run.

I went downstairs, without causing any kind of disturbance. Locking the door behind me, taking the chill breeze across my skin, feeling those tingy sensation.

I plugged in my earphones and slipped my phone in my armband. I did a little warm up before starting the actual run.

With every step moving forward, I felt more alive. Running always helps in getting my mind straight. It helps me in channelizing my thoughts.

The dream that I had was after all not wrong, I guess.

It all start running back in my mind.

How much hurt I was, how shattered my heart was, everyone around me was a joke or was I the joke? I couldn't recognise those green eyes which were trying to console me, all I remember is the rage within me which just slapped him in the face.

After all this time, my heart wants to trust him again. Shall I?

Does he deserve it? His eyes can't lie, can they?

A loud horn somewhere far brought me back to reality. I checked time and jogged back to home.

------*------

"I saw you talking to Jenna that other day , was everything okay? "

I could see worries in Hannah's eyes.
I couldn't help but chuckle remembering that scene, which made Hannah more confused.

"Yes everything's good, all good. You know how she gets on my nerves" I shrugged.

She smiled nervously.

"chill! I know how to handle her" I assured her.

We entered in our class. All the chitchats going on, we found seats for ourselves in the left corner row.

I was going through my workpapers, don't want to fail in any subjects this time.

" Oh that looks bad, is it hurting still? "

My head turned towards the owner of the sound, one of Jenna's minion it was. She was talking to Ethan?.. wasn't this guy supposed to be on leave?

"Yeah, a lil bit. But it's fine."

" Heyy...Ethan! How are you now? Oh, that looks bad." Here comes the devil, touching the plastered hand of Ethan.

Ethan's jaw clenched, shooting daggered at her.

"It's fine, nothing for you to worry about." He said it with the straight face and left for a seat... of course! In Row beside mine. I rolled my eyes.

He glanced at me from the corner of his eye and smirked a little.

Sometimes, this guy confuses me.

Soon, a teacher came in class, he was a substitute for a day.

He gave us some reading task to do. After few minutes, I looked around, everyone was busy doing their own work.

Who takes a subs seriously?

I take a quick glance over Ethan, which he caught. Led my heart to skip a beat.

My mind still wandered to the same place, same thoughts again.

I think it's time to take risk, it's time for a second chance to give.
Just like she said.

After playing with the pen in my hand, I wrote in a piece of paper and passed it to Ethan.

Well, he didn't saw that coming.
Neither do I.

Hell ! My heart's beating fast.