Ch. 28

Zayn's p.o.v.

I picked up my bottle of hairspray, and quickly ran a comb through my hair. I heard a soft whimpering and turned around to see the puppy I had just bought. He was really tiny with light brown fur and a little black nose. "You have to be quiet so mommy doesn't hear you," I whispered, and the puppy just blinked at me. "Come on," I picked him up, and sat next to Lexi on the bed. "Wake up babe," I whispered, kissing her cheek. "Huh?" She asked, rolling over. "Zayn...Is that a dog?" She asked, smiling. I nodded. "He's our dog." She threw her arms around me, laughing. "Thank you," she giggled when the puppy squeezed between us. "He's so cute!" Lexi picked the dog up, and he licked her nose. "Let's name him....Sprocket!" She smiled, and looked up into my eyes. "I love you," Her mega-watt smile made me feel happy. "I love you more," kissing her forehead, I got up to make breakfast. Before I left, I watched her holding Sprocket close to her face, and he licked her nose.

"Baby? Come on, let's go grocery shopping." I took her hand, and she followed me to the car. "Can we get chocolate ice cream?" She asked, staring at me with her big, brown eyes. "Sure, anything for you." I smiled, turning on the radio. "Nice shirt," I chuckled, staring at the bold pink print that read; Cool Story bro. Tell it again. "Thanks," she looked down at it for a moment, and that's when I noticed something. "Lex?" I brushed the hair behind her ear. "Did you get a tattoo?" I glanced down at her wrist. "No," her eyes darted down to the floor. "Yes," I flipped her arm over. The word 'Love' was tattooed in cursive up her forearm. Tears welled in her eyes. "Please don't be mad. I just wanted to have a tattoo like you," I kissed her forehead. "It's cute," The light changed to green, and I sped off. "You really like it?" She asked, blushing. "I love it." Her eyes closed, and it was silent for the rest of the car ride. "Wake up." I whispered softly in her ear, scooping her up in my arms. "Huh?" She yawned, burying her face in my chest. I helped her up on my back, and we walked inside. "What's on the list?" I asked her, and she pulled in out of my pocket. "Lettuce, Spaghetti and Grapes." She headed off to get the Lettuce and Grapes, while I walked to isle 7. "Hey," I heard somebody behind me. I turned around to see a fake-ass whore. Her spray tan looked orange, and her hair had fake blond highlights. I rolled my eyes, trying to get past her. "Zayyyn!" I heard a lovely voice just a few feet away from me. Shit. "Hey baby," I turned around, too see Lexi smiling at me. "Hi," she looked right at the girl behind me, who was fuming. "Who's she?" Lexi frowned, staring at her feet. "I don't know. You ready to leave?" I took her hand. "Yeah. Bye slut," she giggled, giving the orange girl the finger.

Lexi's p.o.v.

I was in the parking lot, waiting for Zayn. The wind blew my hair back. "Help!" A woman was shouting, and I turned to see we child running in the middle of the street. I took off, running as fast as I could, and pushed the kid out of the road. "Watch out!" I looked up from the ground to see a car. "I'm so fucked." I mumbled just as the car slammed into me.

"Lexi?" I was still in the road, with Zayn knelt beside me. "Yeah?" I asked, and he bent down, his face inches from mine. "Are you okay?" His eyes scanned my face. "I feel okay," I murmured, feeling his fingers interlock with mine. "Let's go home," he picked me up, and carried me to the car.

"Can I have some ice?" I asked, and Zayn nodded. He got up, and jogged into the kitchen. Two minutes later, my skin was numb from the huge ice pack Zayn had gotten. "Sprocket's worried about you," Zayn put the Pomeranian in my lap. "Hi Sprocket," I smiled, petting his head. "You have a cut." Zayn touched my leg with his index finger, making me bite my lip. "I do?" I leaned closer to him. I just loved his closeness. I loved him.

My lips met his, and he pulled away. "Not tonight, baby. You're hurt." He stared at me with such intensity it burned. "Okay," I blushed, and he took my hand. "Don't be mad." He whispered, and I shook my head. "I'm not," He wrapped my leg in a big roll of gauze. "Thanks," I rested my head on his shoulder and we both fell asleep.

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" Zayn asked, and I could tell he was pissed. "I don't think so." I looked at the directions I had printed, and he let out an exasperated sigh. "We've been driving for two fucking hours!" He slammed on the breaks. "I'm getting out to ask for directions," I slammed the door, and went inside the bike shop. "Lexi, get back in the car!" He shouted, grabbing my arm. "Fuck off," I tried to push him away. "Stop being a bitch!" That was it. "Leave me alone," I sprinted down the street, tears streaming down my face.

I kept running until I found the apartment complex, and when I got inside, I locked myself in the walk-in closet. "Lex," Zayn was outside the door. "Go away," I sobbed, burying my face in my hands. He banged his fists on the door. "Okay, I'll just unlock it." He had keys? Shit. "Lexi?" He knelt beside me. "I hate you." I looked up into his deep, brown eyes. "Are you crying?" He ignored my awful remark. His tears hit my jeans, and I looked at him curiously. "I'm sorry. Sometimes I can be a...Fucking douchebag," he pulled me into his lap. "Yeah," I giggled. He raised his eyebrows. "You can't stay mad at me." His voice cracked, and he wiped the tears from my eyes. I leaned in, and our lips met.

It felt like magic.

Sorry about the long wait! I hope this can make up for it! Love you guys! Don't forget to vote, comment, and fan!