Ch. 7

Zayn's p.o.v

*3 weeks later*

It was finally the weekend. And eventually after a week and a half, Lexi started coming to school again. Not that she said anything other than a simple 'Hello' to me. I turned on my T.V. And decided to watch X Factor. These people were crazy talented. I watched it for a half hour, until my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I asked, frowning. The number was blocked. "Hey, it's Harry." He said. "What's up?" I asked, wondering why he called me. "Oh nothing, I just wanted to give you a bit of advice about good ol' Lexi." Harry said, his voice cheerful. "I'm all ears." I sighed, pain stabbing my heart. Just hearing her name hurt me so badly. "She trusted you Zayn, and you took her for granted. I think you know how great of a loss that was." Harry said.

"I tried talking-" I began, but he cut me off. "Talking won't fix it. You have to win her back, Zayn."

Those were Harry's final words before he hung up.

I decided to go with his idea. I had to win her heart once again.

Lexi's p.o.v

"So tonight, me and Niall are going to the movies." Victoria said excitedly. "That's great!" I smiled, trying to hide my sadness. "I know it's gonna be hard to let Zayn go, but you have to try." Victoria said, heading off to her car.

I headed back inside, and trudged upstairs. I was pathetic. Zayn would hate to see me like this. I had barely eaten anything, or slept at all. I sat on my bed, and pulled out Crossed. It was my favourite book. I read for a little bit, until I heard the doorbell ring.

"Coming!" I said, sulking downstairs.

I opened the door to be face to face with the boy that broke my heart. What a shocker. "Lexi, I came to talk." whispered, his brown eyes filled with sadness. He didn't look any better than me. I stared at him, still shocked that he was here.

"I didn't know what I was thinking." Zayn sighed. "Clearly, you didn't." I said, steel in my voice. "I love you so much, and I can do anything to prove that. I know you have feelings for me. I can understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore, but I just want you to know, it tears my heart to see you like this." He said.

I stood there for a moment, then opened my mouth to speak. "Zayn, I still love you, but I don't know if I can trust you." I said, looking at the floor. "You can." He mumbled, grabbing my wrists and pulling me closer to him. "I swear on my life, you can." He said, and I looked up into his eyes.

"Please." He pleaded, tears pricking at the back of his eyes.

I'm not cold-hearted, and as much as he'd hurt me, I couldn't bare to see him like this.

"I have to think over this, Zayn." I said, taking a deep breath and closing my eyes. "Take as long as you need. I'll wait a million years if I have to." Zayn said, kissing my hand.

He let go of my hands, and turned to leave. "I love you." He said, smiling.

I gave him a small smile, and closed the door behind me.

"I don't know what to do!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air. "We can think of something." Hanley said. I was spending the night at Hanley's house with Victoria and Bella. "He seemed so sad, and it tore my heart." I sighed, burying my face in my hands. "It's okay, he just is upset because he knows you're angry with him." Bella said.

We spent the night watching movies, gossiping and painting our nails.

When I got into my sleeping bag while we were watching New Year's Eve, my phone vibrated. It was a text from....Harry?

<Hey, I talked to Zayn, and he was a huge wreck.>

I replied with:

<Are you sure? I saw him earlier.>

<Positive, he looked really tired and kept mumbling your name.>

<Why?>

<He thinks you hate him>

"Guys, I'll be right back. I have to go somewhere." I said, and hurried out the door. I slammed my car door, and drove off to Zayn's apartment. When I got to his door, I questioned myself. Was I doing the right thing?

Yes. I had to do this.

I knocked on the door, and Zayn answered the door. "Lexi?" He asked as if he were dreaming. "Zayn, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were that upset." I whispered, staring at my shoes. "It's fine. It's my fault." He shrugged. "No, it's my fault." I stated, looking at him. "I caused it!" He shouted. "No it's my fault!" I started laughing, and I lightly slapped his arm.

"Wanna know something?" I smiled, taking his hand. "What?" He cocked his head to one side. "I forgive you." I said, tears tracking down my face. He wiped them away with his thumb, and I took a deep breath. His arms wrapped around me, and I buried my face into his shoulder.

"I'm so relived." He mumbled into my ear.

Did you like this chapter? I had a lot of time to myself, so I decided to update :)

Kik me at: Zaynlover1446