Ch. 9

Lexi's p.o.v.

Niall and Victoria were walking, side by side with Zayn and I. Jason was still outside. "I have to use the bathroom." I said quickly. "Okay, but meet me right back over here." Zayn said, his eyes filling with worry. "I have to go too." Victoria said, heading off with me to the restrooms. I really was afraid of Jason. If Zayn wasn't with me, he'd beat the crap out of me. I closed the stall door and sat there. I had no intention of coming out. It was about ten minutes after Victoria left, and I started to get bored. I decided to leave, and when I did, guess who was outside the bathroom?

Jason.

"It's a shame, Zayn isn't here with you." He began. "Shut..up." I said, and clenched my hands into fists. He took a step forward, smashing his fist into my gut, but I caught it with my hand. "Back off, Jason." It was Zayn. He kicked Jason on his backbone, causing him to fall to his knees. "You listen to me, and if you don't, I'll make every waking moment of your life a nightmare." Zayn said, fury burning in his eyes. "Stay away from her. Don't touch her, for gods sakes, Don't even freaking look at her!" Zayn shouted.

We headed outside, and Niall and Victoria stared at us. "Who was...." "Jason." I said quietly. "Oh...." Victoria whispered. "It's okay I'm kinda-" I began. "It's not okay! He will freaking kill you if he got the chance! And trust me, that will not happen while I'm still on my two feet." Zayn said, looking into my eyes intensely. I knew he didn't mean to raise his voice at me in front of our friends, but he only did it out of love. "We'll see you guys at school on Monday, and I apologize for what you saw." I whispered the last part. "He only wants the best for you." Victoria said. " I know, I just didn't know if you'd still hang around with me, knowing that I'm practically Jason's punching bag." I chuckled. "You're not." Niall said.

Zayn took my hand as we headed to the car. "I love you." I said, kissing his cheek. "I love you too, sweetheart." Zayn mumbled, leaning into my face. I grabbed his face with my hands, and his arms snaked around my waist. Our lips were pressed against each other, and all I thought about right now was Zayn. God, I loved him so much. I heard a car horn, and we both jumped. "Try not to swallow each other!" Niall laughed, speeding off.

Zayn and I drove off to....my house?

"I'm not letting you stay here alone." He said, opening my car door. "Oh yeah, my mom isn't here. She's on a business trip." I said.

I curled up on my couch, turning on the T.V.

Zayn came and sat next to me, warmth radiating off his body. I scooted closer to him, and he kissed my forehead. "Jason won't get you. Don't worry." He said, holding my hand.

Victoria's p.o.v.

It was only 10:00, so I figured Lexi would be home. I had to talk to her about this whole 'Jason' thing. He was a jerk. All he ever did was either bang girls, or abuse them, or both. I shook my head, as Niall and I pulled up to her driveway. "Zayn's car is here." Niall muttered, frowning.

We rang the doorbell, and Zayn opened the door. "Hey guys." He said, smiling. "Hi, listen we came to talk to.." I began, looking at Lexi, asleep on the couch. "You came to talk to her about Jason." Zayn concluded, going over to the couch. "You guys can sit, don't just stand there!" I watched as he brushed the hair out of her eyes, and shook her shoulder. "Hi..." Lexi giggled. "Zayn, is there something going on here that we should know about?" Niall joked, wriggling his eyebrows. Rex, her dog, rested his head on my leg. "Listen, about Jason..." I said, and Lexi's expression changed.

"Niall used to be one of his friends. And he knows the Jason has a reputation for either banging girls, abusing girls, or both." I said. "He's not going to stop until he gets what he wants, Zayn." Niall said.