Ch. 30

6 months later....

Zayn's p.o.v.

"Zayn?" Lexi trudged to the couch. "Yes?" I took off my glasses, and smiled at her. "I'm going to bed. Love you." She pulled her hair up into a bun, and put on her slippers. "Goodnight kisses." I motioned for her to come closer. She kissed my forehead, and smiled. "I love you." I whispered as she closed her door. I could tell she didn't want to be alone. "Lexi?" I climbed into the bed next to her. "Thanks." She held my hand, her head resting on my shoulder. "Goodnight babe."

"Pancakes?" Lexi grinned, handing me a plate filled with my favourite breakfast foods. "Thanks." I sat down at the table, still watching her. She seemed slower than normal. I got up, and stood behind her. "Are you doing all right?" I asked, and she smiled. "Yep. Couldn't be better!" She lied right to my face. "You're lying." I bit my lip. "No." She glanced at me. "Yes, you are." I frowned at her, grabbing her wrist. "Ok, maybe I am. So what?" She snapped, pulling away from my touch. "You're acting differently." I said softly. "I'm sorry Zayn. I just...I'm..." I kissed her. At the perfect moment, too. She grinned, sitting down in her chair. "I think we need to move into a house." I said slowly, not thinking about what I'd said. "What?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at me. "Let's buy a new house." I said, warming up to the idea. "That's a good idea. We can go today!" Lexi was so upbeat all the time. It made me smile. "Great idea." I rested my forehead against hers. "Alright big boy, lets get dressed." She winked at me, putting her plate in the sink.

Two days later...

Lexi's p.o.v.

"Let's get the rest packed up." I said, setting down my third box. "Alright babe." Zayn smiled at me. We had found a beautiful two story house, with lots of windows and a big backyard for the puppy to play in. "The movers are coming in two hours." Zayn informed me, setting down his phone. "This is amazing. A brand new house, and Victoria and Niall live in the exact same neighbourhood! I'm so excited!" I taped the last box closed. "I got you something," Zayn handed me a box with a pink ribbon on it. "I actually got you something too." I handed him the shirt I bought him. "No way." He chuckled, holding up the shirt I got him. "I love it," he kissed my forehead. "Sprocket's sleepy." I smiled, picking up the puppy. "Come on, let's take a nap." Zayn trudged to his bed, and I stood in the doorway, watching him throw his shoes in the closet. "I'll be out here if you need me." I closed the door and headed into the kitchen. Sprocket was curled up in Zayn's brand new shoes. "You're so cute. Sorry buddy, I had to pack up your bed." He snuggled up on the plush carpet, closing his tiny brown eyes. The doorbell rang, and I answered to see Louis smiling at me. I blushed, embarrassed that he saw me wearing Zayn's shirt. "Hey!" He hugged me, and Harry walked up from behind him. "Hey guys, sorry the place is a mess, we're moving in about an hour." I smiled, and the three of us sat on the floor. "It seems like it's need forever." Harry sighed, staring at me sadly. "Six whole months..." Louis blinked a few times.

"Zayn?" I asked, climbing into my new bed. "Yes?" He turned around, and frowned. "Goodnight." I kissed his forehead, and turned out my lights. He walked out of my room, and I sighed. Did we even love each other anymore? We never paid attention to one another, and we fought so much every day. He'd made me cry so many times this past week, that I didn't even want to see him anymore. I sat up in bed, turning on the lamp. I got out of bed, and trudged into the kitchen. My heart stopped. "Zayn?" I saw him and another girl, while I was in the same house as him. "I hate you!" Was all I said before I ran into my room, and threw all of my clothes into a suitcase. I dragged it out the door, throwing his jacket that I was wearing in the sink. "Wait!" He shouted, and I spun on my heel. "You have thirty seconds." I stood there, and he sighed. "Never mind. I deserve to loose the best girl in the world. Goodbye, Lexi." He sighed, and I continued to drag my suitcase. "Just so you know, I still love you." He grabbed my face with his hands. I rolled my eyes. "Goodbye." I blinked, and patted his shoulder. "Wait!" I threw my bag down, and turned around. "What the hell is so important!" He kissed me.