Ch. 3

Lexi's p.o.v.

I sat on my bed, chatting with Amelia over the phone. "Yeah, Zayn thinks we should be friends, but to be honest, he's a total dick." "Lexi! I'm home!" my mother called. "Gotta go!" I walked downstairs, and hugged my mom.

"So how was your day?" she asked. "Perfect." I said.

"Okay, tell me all about him." she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"What do you mean?" I demanded.

"The boy you like."

She knew me so well.

"I don't like anybody." I lied, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Uh-Huh." She rolled her eyes.

"I have to go to Victoria's house to study for my test." I said, grabbing my bag and heading out the door.

I drove right past her house and pulled up to Zayns' apartment building.

As I walked inside, the lady at the front counter greeted me with a smile.

I climbed in the elevator, and pushed the floor 5 button. "Hey." He smirked, and I tossed him a pencil. "Help me study." I said, and he chuckled. "Fuck off, I'm busy." He pushed me out of the doorway, and slammed the door in my face. I sighed. "Fine." I said, and stood there to see if he'd open the door. Thank god he did, or else I would've been screwed.

"Oh my god! It's 9 AM!" I said, jumping off the couch. "It's okay!" Zayn said, trying to calm me down.

"What about my mom? What'll she say?" I panicked. "Relax. I'll come with you and tell her the truth." he said.

We drove to my house in silence, and I opened the door to see my mother, looking furious.

"Where have you been?" she demanded.

Zayn stepped up behind me, grabbing my hand.

"She's been with me." he said, looking straight into her eyes.

"What? You told me you were going to Study with Victoria!" she spat.

"I'm sorry mom, I should've told you that I was going to study with Zayn, not Victoria. We have a biology project that we're working on." I whispered. "Alright...." she said.

"I'm gonna get ready for school!" I called to my mom, and Zayn grabbed my arm. "How do I get home?" he asked. "Take my car, and pick me up in about 45 minutes." I said.

He nodded, and walked out the door.

I got dressed in skinny jeans and a blue striped shirt. As I was doing my makeup, my Rotweiller nudged my legs.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

Zayn smiled at me from the bottom of the stairs. "One second!" I called.

As we drove off to school after I gathered my things, I saw Harry wiping blood from his face.