Ch. 18

Lexi's p.o.v.

I shoved the rest of my textbooks into my leather tote bag with a sigh. I didn't want to go to school. Things were definitely going to get awkward between Harry and I. "Jared?" I spun around to see him smiling down at me, his blue eyes sparkling. "Nate's taking you to school." "Whatever," smiling, I grabbed my crutches. "Bye! I have to go to school too," Jared waved, closing the door behind him.

"Bye Nate," I smiled as the car drove off. I headed off to the high school building. "Going somewhere?" It was the voice that made my blood run cold. Jason. "What's up bastard?" I asked, trying to get past him. "What?" He smirked. "You did this to me! You would've killed Harry. I know you would have." His grin grew even bigger. "Of course I would've. He means so much to you," I felt anger boiling inside of me. "What have I ever done to you? I don't understand, Jason!" I shouted, my hands shaking. "You are a freaking bitch. You get everything you want! I hate you, and I won't stop until you're done." I tried to back away, but instead, stumbled backwards, my crutches slipping out from underneath me. Jason stormed away, leaving me alone. I say for a few minutes, Trying to get up, but still failing. "Need some help?" I looked up to see Niall and Victoria standing in front of me. "Please," Niall pulled me up with one strong arm, and grabbed my crutches. "Thanks." They walked off, and I spotted Harry sitting at one of the picnic tables. "Hey," I whispered, sitting next to him. He smiled, and I felt a knot in my stomach. "Sorry," I sighed, looking into his sad green eyes. "For what?" He asked. "Everything," he draped an arm across my shoulder. "It's not you." He sighed. I spotted Zayn, sitting with his friends. "I'll see you around, I gotta talk to Zayn," I grabbed my crutches, and my bag, heading over to talk with him. "Hey," Zayn smiled, kissing my cheek. I blushed deeply, staring at my shoes. "Zayn, is this your girlfriend?" Zayn nodded. "Paul," the boy smiled, extending his hand. "I'm Lexi." "You're very pretty," I blushed once again. "Thanks,"

"Students!" We were all alarmed by the sound of the loudspeaker. "Starting this Wednesday, your winter break will begin! I hope you enjoy this extended break this year." I smiled. Me, Zayn, Victoria, Niall, Bella, and Louis were all going to California. Yes, it's far away, but it'd be fun to leave England for a bit.

Louis' p.o.v.

"School's out!" I shouted the second the bell rang, jumping out of my seat. Bella and Zayn both followed me out of the classroom, the teacher staring at us, her jaw agape. "Come on, lets find everybody else," I smiled. We headed to the English classroom, and saw Lexi, sleeping. Her head was on the desk. "Come on," I shook her shoulder. "You're the only one here!" Bella giggled. "Thanks, and I forgot to tell you! I'm getting my cast off this afternoon!" Zayn seemed happy. "Now we have to find Harry, Victoria and Niall," I sighed, as Zayn pushed open the front doors. "Hey guys!" Bella waved them over. "Winter break's here!" Niall exclaimed. "Hell yes! No more homework!" Lexi laughed. "I've gotta go, you guys can go to my house. Getting my cast off." Lexi winked at us, throwing we house key to Harry. "What are we waiting for? She's got a huge pool!" I said, getting into my car.

We spent the afternoon swimming in her heated pool (Thank god!), that's when I heard the door open. "Jared! Where's Lex?" Zayn asked, jumping up. "Right here!" She smiled. "I finally got my stupid cast off," I held back my laughter as I saw Harry sneaking up behind her. "Watch out!" Victoria laughed, but Harry already pushed her in the pool. "Harry!" She giggled, splashing him with water. "Can I at least get a swimsuit?" He shrugged, jumping in.

*3 days later*

Zayn's p.o.v.

Lexi, Victoria, Niall, Bella, Louis and I were all sitting in front of the fireplace. "I can't wait! We leave tommorow!" Victoria was bouncing up and down like a little kid. "California here we come!" I said, smiling. "I'm going to the casino baby!" Lexi smiled. "I love a little gambling," Louis nodded. "I gotta pack," Bella said, getting up. "Me too,"