Ch. 34

"I love you so much. It was my fault that you lost your memory." Zayn whispered. "No it's not." I climbed under the covers, watching the movie on the T.V. Zayn held my hand with his rough, callused one. I rubbed his palm with my thumb. "Can you remember anything?" He asked me quietly, playing with my pin-straight hair. "Yes." I told him all of the flashbacks I had been having. "That's good." He told me, before snuggling closer to me and closing his eyes. "Goodnight."

2 months later:

"Do you remember when we were in seventh grade, and I was completely in love with you?" Zayn nodded, taking my hand. "You hated me for who I was, but through all of the painful comments, rumours, and hurt I went through, I still loved you." His dark eyes met with mine, showing nothing but pain and sadness. "I'm so sorry." His lips connected with mine. They were warm and gentle. Zayn knew that I wasn't the type for kissing with tongue, so he didn't try to shove his down my throat. He pulled away, allowing me to get a better view at his face. "Why are you crying?" Plump tears continued to roll down his face. "I hurt you." I hated to see him feeling so upset. "Hey," I grabbed his face with my hands, rubbing my thumbs along the stubble on his jawline. "I feel just as much love for you as I did then." He buried his face into my neck as we stood in the center of the shopping mall, holding each other as close as possible. "You do?" His voice was muffled. "Of course I do, Zayn. I love you with all of my heart, and couldn't bear to be without you by my side, going through life with me every step of the way. My love for you is undeniable, Zayn Jawaad Malik. I want to spend the rest of eternity with you. When I cry, you are always the one to comfort me. When I tell a joke, you laugh even when it's not funny. When I'm hurt, you take care of me, and always put my needs first. You are the most thoughtful, kindhearted, handsome, talented man I will ever come upon and I am so lucky I met you. I will always be by your side, no matter what, okay?" He removed his face from my neck, showing his red rimmed eyes, and tears still forming in the beautiful brown eyes of his. "And I'm in love with you too, Lexi Amethyst Fernandez. You are no doubt the nicest, fittest, funniest, most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes upon. When I despised you, well more like pretended to, I only wanted to hide my true feelings because I was afraid you wouldn't like me back. Now I realize, without a doubt, that you do. You like, no, love me back. And my undying love for you will continue until the day my heart stops beating. You wipe my tears away when I cry, take care of me when I'm sick, and most importantly kiss me when I need love. I crave your love and attention, and always wake up early to protect you while you sleep. You will always be and always have been my soul mate. I'll be here to protect you forever, I can promise you that." By now we both were crying uncontrollably. "Hey guys! You okay over there?" The boys crowded around us, smothering me in hugs, and rubbing Zayn's back. "Did you two fight?" Louis asked. "I'm just so in love with Zayn." Zayn held me in his arms, rubbing my back. "You guys are too cute." Liam smirked, while Louis chuckled. I continued to cry and cry, meanwhile Zayn's tears had dried away into nothing. "I love feeling your heartbeat so close to me." Zayn held my face with one hand, while he wrapped the other arm around my waist. The boys joined us in a group hug. "We love you Lexi! We love you Zayn!" They said in unison. "I love you guys, too." Louis hoisted me up onto his shoulders and took me around the mall. "You two are madly in love, I suppose." His eyes shone with happiness. "I envy it, actually. El and I are crazy about each other, but not like you two." He shook his head. "It's a beautiful thing. Zayn really loves you. You're the only thing he ever speaks about." A flush warmed my cheeks. "There you are!" Harry and the other boys found us. "Zayn has an announcement to make to Lexi, it's a secret we've a been keeping for quite some time." Niall smirked, holding Victoria's hand. "We're a band. Simon Cowell formed us together as one, and we go by the name of One Direction. I've made some arrangements, and you are 100% allowed to come with us. Victoria and El are coming as well, so you'll have more girls on tour." Zayn informed me. "Is that why we never watch television?" I giggled, slapping him playfully. "The tour starts in 5 days." Victoria said. "I cannot wait for it."

The girls and I had the room list with us while we flew on Simon's private jet. "Zayn and Louis, you two will share a room. Harry, Liam, and Niall, you three will share a room." El informed them, smiling. "I'll sneak into your room." Zayn murmured in my ear, his spearmint breath warm on my ice cold face. "Okay." I had nothing else to say. He had taken all of my words from me in that one moment. "I love you." His hand rubbed my shoulder. "See you tonight." He brushed the hair out of my eyes, planting a kiss on my cheek. "A-Alright.." A blush crept up onto my cheeks.

We had three enormous suites, with three bedrooms each. I laid on my bed, quietly humming to myself while painting my toenails. My damp hair ended at my waist, soaking the bed and the fluffy towel I wrapped myself in. The candles I had lit perfectly set my calm mood. The basketball game I had been watching suddenly turned off. "Power outage." I mumbled to myself, sealing the bottle closed, and letting my toes dry. "Must be." A voice. The most recognizable voice I had ever heard in my entire life. "Zayn." I turned my head, seeing him leaning against the doorframe. "How long have you been there?" His smirk said it all. "Since after you got out of the shower." His dark eyes reflected one thing; mischief. My heart beat quickened as he played with my hair. "I'm going to get dressed." I announced, grabbing my clothes from the wooden dresser. "Alright, I'll be here." Zayn said in a sing-songy tone. Once I changed into my clothes, I pulled my hair up into a messy bun, and curled up on my bed next to Zayn. "What do you think of the entire 'One Direction' idea?" He finally spoke up. "I definitely think it is an amazing idea, but I'll miss you so much."

LONG CHAPTERRRRR

xoxoxo

lexiiii