Ch. 4

Lexi's p.o.v

3 weeks later:

"Zayn! Stop the car!" I cried.

He slammed on the brakes, and I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Harry!" I screamed, getting out of the car.

A mysterious looking man ran off, towards the Starbucks.

"Harry?" I asked, kneeling down next to him on the sidewalk.

"I'm fine, really." he mumbled.

Zayn jogged up to us, and Harry lifted up his head.

I saw his purple and blue nose, blood streaming down his face.

"Harry, you're not okay." I said, helping him up. "I am." he demanded.

I led him to the car, and he obediently sat down. "We're gonna be late!" Harry said. "I don't care! You're hurt!" I spat, taking out my cellphone to text Hanley. Zayn was focused on the road.

"I'm gonna drop you off at school." Zayn said to me. "What about you?" I asked. "Don't worry, I promise I'll be there. I just thought I recognised that guy that went to Starbucks." Zayn said. I got out of the car, and saw Victoria and Hanley wave me over.

"Where's Zayn?" Victoria asked in a high pitched voice. I rolled my eyes.

"Harry got hurt, and Zayn is doing....something." I frowned, not even believing myself. Hanley gasped.

"Harry's hurt?" she exclaimed.

"More on that later." I mumbled, unable to take my eyes of a farmilar face. It was Jason, the school "bad boy." He was staring at me with a cold look in his grey eyes.

I turned away, wishing Zayn was standing next to me. "Come on, let's go to class." Victoria said, pulling Hanley and I throughout the hallway.

I barely paid attention, that is until Zayn walked in.

"You're late, Zayn." Mr. lazzara spat.

Zayn rolled his eyes, slipping into his seat. I looked into his eyes, and he didn't even acknowledge me.

I sighed, turning to the front of the room. I stared at my chewed up fingernails with great interest.

"I think Jason beat up Harry." Zayn mumbled in my ear.

I sighed, turning to face him.

"We can talk at lunch." I whispered.

He nodded. Science ended, and I headed to math class.

"Okay, today we're going to learn about..." began the dull voice of my teacher Mr. Marshall began.

I rolled my eyes.

The rest of class was a blur, until I got a 62 on my

Math test. "We need to-" Mr. Marshall said, but I cut him off.

"I really have to go!" I called over my shoulder as I ran out of the classroom.

The cafeteria was full, but I spotted Zayn in an instant.

I walked past my regular table, and sat next to Zayn. "Hey." he whispered.

"Hi, so what's up?" I asked.

"Well, after I left Starbucks, I think I saw Jason, and after I dropped off Harry, Jason seemed to be watching me. I dunno, maybe I'm just imagining things." Zayn shrugged.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, and I felt Zayn entwine my hand with his.

I blushed, looking at the ground.

"You're unhappy." Zayn sounded puzzled.

"No I'm fine!" I replied a little too quickly.

He looked upset.

"I know that-" I began, but his lips smashed onto mine.

I closed my eyes, until I heard several gasps.

He pulled away.

"I love you." Zayn whispered.

I couldn't pull my gaze away from him.

"I shouldn't have ever turned you down." he continued.

"It's okay." I lied. "Look, this can't happen. Not now. I'm not ready for a relationship." He nodded. "I understand."

Did you like this chapter?