Ch. 1

Lexi's p.o.v

I headed to science, slipping into my seat next to Zayn. I could feel his eyes on me, but I didn't dare take my eyes off of my phone. He would probably make some snarky comment, or try to apologise. I really wasn't in the mood for his games, so I decided to avoid him as much as possible. Zayn hooked his fingers under my chair, and pulled me so close to him that I could smell the cigarette smoke on his breath. "I do frighten you." I kept my expression bland and impassive.

Class ended, and Mr. Lazzara called Zayn and I to his desk. "You two haven't even begun your project. I'm afraid that if you don't work on it soon, you will both get an F for the semester." he sighed. I didn't pay attention to the rest of my classes. As I walked out of the Doncaster High School, I saw a tall figure standing outside. I recognised Zayn, but tried to get by, unnoticed. Hopefully it worked.

Zayn's p.o.v.

She didn't even notice me! "Hey!" I said, jogging towards her. "What?" She rolled her eyes at me. "Listen, I don't want anything to be awkward between us. Friends?" I asked, and she sighed. "I guess. If you want to be friends, like we were before, because then, you'll have the chance to rip my heart out and stomp all over it." She rolled up her window, and drove away. Lexi never had been one for forgiveness, but I hope I could break down those heavily guarded walls of hers, and steal her heart.

That's probably going to be pretty damn hard.