Ch. 16

Lexi's p.o.v.

I blinked. My heart hammered in my chest. Where was I? The walls were completely white, and I was in a bed. "She's awake." I heard a girl say. "Lexi?" Louis was staring into my eyes. "Where the heck am I? What happened to me?" I panicked, feeling his hand entwine with mine. "You're in the hospital, a car hit you." I grimaced as he said 'hospital'. "Where's Zayn? And Harry?" I asked. "They're here. And don't worry, they're fine." Louis smiled. I wanted to smile back, but I just couldn't. "Lexi?" I heard the familiar deep voice I loved so much ringing in my ears. "Zayn." I mumbled. "I'm here." He said, brushing the hair out of my face. "I'm sorry." He sighed, and I noticed how red and puffy his eyes were. "You shouldn't be crying!" I chuckled, grabbing his face with my hands. "I should be. You're my baby." He smiled, kissing my forehead. "Hey Lexi." It was Victoria. Zayn got up, and let her see me. "Yup, so this is fun." I smiled. "Why do you say that?" Niall asked. "I've got a big, huge cast on my leg." I sighed. "It's pretty. Amelia picked the color. "We'll do the best we can, but you're pretty beat up, with three broken ribs, a broken leg, and a minor concussion." The doctor said. "Harry?" I asked, seeing him sitting in the chair, his head hung low. "Yes?" He asked, looking up. I smiled. "What's up?" He smirked. "How's that bullet?" I whispered, poking his belly. "It's fine. I'm just worried about you." He sighed. "Don't be. Can you do me a favor though?" I whispered, letting my hair fall in front of my eyes again. "What is it, love?" He asked, frowning at me. "Please get back with Hanley. She's a lovely girl and deserve you. You're a great guy, Harry. I love you to pieces, but I know, somewhere in your heart, you love Hanley more than me." I grabbed his hand, and saw tears forming in his eyes. Everybody else had left the room, and now it was just us. "I can't." He sighed, wiping his eyes. "Stop crying!" I said. "I love you." He mumbled. "Harry, you're not making this any easier." I stated, staring into his sad green eyes. "Please give me a chance." He begged. "I'm dating somebody!" I cried, and he grabbed my face with his hands. "I know, I'm not gonna interfere. Just friends." He smiled, kissing my forehead. "Oh, you're hands off all right, pervert." I smiled. "We have to go to school, so I'll see you later." He said. "Bye." I whispered.

All alone in this boring hospital room, humming to myself. "Ugh......" I moaned, feeling the pain medication slowly ebb away. "God, it hurts so bad..." I clutched my head in my hands, shaking. "You okay?" It was Niall. "I came back to get my jacket." He said. "My head hurts." I groaned, still holding my head. "Want me to get the nurse?" "Yes please." I nodded. "I heard your head hurts. It is because of the minor concussion. Take some pain medication." The nurse handed me a blue pill. "Right now?" I asked, frowning at the pill Resting in the palm of my hand. "Yes, right now." She smiled, heading out of the room.

Endless hours ticked by. "What to do...." I murmured. "Hey Cupcake!" I heard somebody called. "Who?" I asked, pretending to be confused. "Me!" It was Zayn, holding a bouquet of roses. "Zayn!" I smiled. "The doctor said in a week, you can be on crutches." He said, sitting next to the bed. "That's good...." I sighed. "What's wrong?" He asked, taking my hand. "Oh, nothing." I looked out the window, hoping not to show my sadness. "Tell me." He demanded. "I hate myself for what I did to Hanley and Harry!" I sighed, looking into his eyes. "What?" He frowned. "Harry broke up with her!" I said, my voice rising. "I know." His tone was flat. "And we are not about to argue in this hospital room." "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to raise my voice." I whispered. He just stared at me. Minutes ticked by. "Are you okay?" I asked, reaching out to touch his face. "No." He shook his head. "W-Why?" I frowned, my voice shaking. "I....uh...I..." He muttered. "Tell me. Please." "Nothing." His tone dropped. "Fine. Act like nothing is wrong." I said, looking out the window again. "You realize I came to see you to make you happy!? I didn't want you to get upset!" He shouted, getting up from his chair. "Sorry! Okay, I am sorry for being a freaking bitch at the moment. I'm just in pain, and I want to be with you every second of the day." I shouted back. He turned around. "Are you kidding? You're so not a bitch." I shouldn't have yelled." He smiled.

~1 week later~

"Come on," Zayn said, handing me my crutches. I slid them under my arms, and started to 'walk' to school. "Lexi! What happened?" It was Tessa. I told her I slipped on the sidewalk, and broke my leg. Classes passed quickly, and I headed to the cafeteria. "Hey!" It was Victoria. "Hi..." I noticed Zayn wasn't sitting with us and the boys. "Let me help you." Louis sat my crutches down on the ground and helped me slip my legs under the table. "What's up?" I asked, opening my lunchbox. "Nothing." Hanley shrugged. "Hey baby." Zayn smiled sitting next to me. "Hi Zayn." I said, looking up into his eyes. Everybody had slipped away into their own little conversations, and I nervously chewed my fingernails. "Lexi. Something is bothering you, and it's annoying the crap out of me." Zayn mumbled in my ear, his lips brushing my ear as he spoke. I felt a knot in my stomach. "Don't worry about me." I smiled, and he gripped my waist, pulling me close. His hot breath came out jagged, as he trailed kisses down my neck.

"Zayn!" I giggled, trying to use my crutches. "Wait!" I laughed again. "Fine, but only because I'd wait a million years for you." He smiled. "And don't use these." He took my crutches, gripping them in his hand. I stumbled, and he grabbed me by the arm. "Thanks." I said, shielding my eyes from the rain. I heard a 'clack' as the crutches hit the cement. Zayn leaned in, and we kissed. I loved it.

"Take a break, you've been hobbling around all day." Zayn said. "Fine. I just wanted to make a sandwich." I shrugged, curling up next to him on his couch. "I love you." He said. "I love you too." I buried my face into his chest, still smiling.