Ch. 12

Lexi'a p.o.v.

It was Amanda's pool party this week. Friday had rolled around, and I was shopping for a swimsuit with Bella. "This one is so cute! I'm going to try it on!" Bella said, smiling. I sighed, I only had one swimsuit, it was hot pink. I just grabbed that one and bought it.

"Are you done?" Zayn asked, looking up from his phone. "Yeah." I said, getting in the car after Bella and Louis drove away. I changed into my swimsuit at Zayns apartment, and pulled on a white pool dress over it. We drove to Amanda's in silence, and when I got out, Zayn grabbed my hand. "Let's go." He smiled, and we walked inside.

"Hey guys!!" Amanda shouted. It was 5:00 so the sun was still out. I smiled at her, and Zayn and I headed out to the pool. I took off the beach dress I had on over my hot pink bikini, and I heard somebody whistle. "You look hot!" I spun around to see Louis, and I instantly knew he was just kidding. "Hey Lou." I said, hugging him. Bella hugged Zayn, and I sat on the edge of the pool. Victoria came as sat next to me, and I watched Zayn jump into the pool. There were like 30 people in a huge pool, so it didn't seem like a lot. "So, you and Zayn..." Victoria began, raising her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes. "No!" I giggled. "I'm thirsty." I said, getting up. I grabbed a cup of something, and started drinking it. It fizzed against my lips. I didn't care, it was really good. "Wow, I never expected you to be drinking beer." Liam said. I instantly spit it out. "What?" I asked. "I thought you didn't drink, that's all." He shrugged, heading past me.

I sat on the couch inside, talking with Zayn. Everybody that walked past us would comment, and some people gasped. "You're so freaking adorable." Zayn muttered. I smiled, kissing his cheek.

We decided to leave because everybody was full out drunk, and I questioned Zayn, because he smiled dopily at me. "I love you." He whispered, his arms snaking around my waist. I lightly kissed his lips, and he opened my car door. "Thanks." I said sleepily, sliding in.

"Get some rest, baby. You're tired." He said, kissing my forehead and starting the car. I did fall asleep eventually, and when I did, Zayn was holding my hand and driving.

Zayn's p.o.v.

Lexi had fallen asleep and now It grew silent. I was worried about Lexi. She was probably scared to death on the inside, worrying that Jason would get her when I'm not looking. I bit my lower lip and suddenly remembered I had a towel I the back of my car. I grabbed it from the backseat and covered Lexi with it. The light turned green, so I continued to drive. We pulled up to my apartment, and I shook Lexi's shoulder. "Zayn....." She murmured dreamily. "Please dont." Her eyebrows knitted together. "Stop!" She screamed suddenly, and I gasped, drawing my hands away from her shoulder. "Lexi?" I whispered. "Huh?" She asked, rubbing her eyes. "You're gonna stay with me for the night, sweetie pie." I said, carrying her inside. "Where did this towel come from?" She asked, noticing the fluffy white fabric that covered her. "Don't worry about anything right now, just close your eyes. We're almost home." I said, unlocking the door.

Lexi laid down on my bed, curling up into a ball, and closing her eyes again. The towel had dropped to the floor, so I slipped a shirt over her bikini, and she sighed. "I'm tired....." She whispered. "I know, just one second." I covered her in a soft blanket, and her hand dropped from mine. "She's so cute." I said, kissing her cheek before I laid down next to her.

I woke up, noticing Lexi, who had moved closer to me in the night, was still asleep. Her chest rose and fell. I smiled. "Lexi." I said, and her eyes opened. "Hi..." She whispered. I laughed. Her voice warmed my heart, everything about her did. And I would never take advantage of her. "Do you want breakfast?" I asked. "Please." She said, burying her face in my chest. "I gotta get up first." I said gently, kissing her forehead. "Okay....." She giggled, turning onto her side again.

I made waffles, her favorite. She ate them with pleasure, and I smiled. Then her face dropped. "What's the matter?" I asked. "Would you ever hurt me?" She whispered, staring at her lap. Her voice was shaky, scared almost. Was she scared of me? I hope not. "Never." I said, tilting up her chin with my hand. "Promise?" She asked, her brown eyes wide. "Of course." I said, and she suddenly jumped up, hugging me. "I don't know what I'd do if you ever hurt me. I-" she stopped, as I pressed my lips against hers, and she closed her eyes. "Don't worry. I'd never hurt you. Now, do you wanna go home, or spend the day with me?" I asked. "Is that a trick question?" She giggled, and I smiled.

We were watching The Possession, since it had just come out, it was on demand. Lexi frowned, watching the television. She was hugging her knees, her head resting on my shoulder. The movie went on for another half hour, and I was drifting off, until I heard my fire alarms go off. "What?!" I screamed, jumping off the couch. Lexi sat there, covering her ears and closing her eyes. "Come on!" I said, picking her up. I ran down the stairs, feeling the heat of flames burn against my face. "Sorry!" Lexi shouted over the sound of the alarm. "Why?!" I asked. "You'd be able to run faster if you didn't carry me!" She said, frowning. "We're almost there." I whispered to myself. "Just keep running."

I brushed the hair out of her eyes. "Is everything okay?" She asked, blinking. "Yes." I nodded, kissing Lexi's forehead. We had gotten out, and now I was at her house. "Thanks." She blushed, smiling.

Lexis p.o.v.

"Zayn?" I frowned, running over to his limp body, on the floor. "Zayn!" I screamed, kneeling next to him, his scarlet blood seeping into my jeans. "Please don't die." I whispered, tears dripping down my face. "Too late for that," I looked up to see Harry, grinning evily, with Jason close behind him. "You're such a monster! What did I ever do to you?" I screamed, getting up. Harry looked taken aback for a moment. I swung my fist at him, and he didn't even move. I cried harder, and buried my face in my hands. "I'm sorry." Harry whispered. "Back off Harry." I said, slapping him. He did the exact opposite. He hugged me, and I continued to sob, and cough.

"Lexi! Wake up!" Zayn said, his eyes wide with fear. "You're alive." I whispered, reaching out to touch his face. He smiled, and kissed me on the nose. "Yeah, I am." He whispered, pulling me closer to him. His heart was beating so fast, that it scared me. "I'm worried about you." He said, a concerned expression spread across his face. "Don't be." I said, taking his hand. "I have to be, isn't it my job?" He smiled, kissing my cheek. "It kind of is." I said.

I slipped on my pink socks, and stared at my feet. It was such a pretty color. My mind continued to wander, until I heard a voice.

"Hey Lexi!" It was my moms boyfriends son, Jared. "Hi Jared!" I said. If he was here, then...."Lexi?" It was Nate, my moms boyfriend. "Who's this?" Jared asked, wriggling his eyebrows. "I'm Zayn, it's nice to meet you Jared." He said, shaking his hand. "Hello Zayn." Nate said, smiling. "I'm Lexi's boyfriend." Zayn said proudly. "Where's my mom?" I asked Jared. "She's still at work." He shrugged. "Alright then." I said, heading upstairs. Zayn and Nate were talking about....me? I shrugged and continued up the stairs.

Zayn's p.o.v.

Lexi's mom had arrived home minutes after Jared and Nate. They were nice people. I walked into Lexi's room and saw her reading a magazine. "Hey." She said. I sat next to her on the soft duvet, and she smiled. "What're you doing, love?" I asked, rubbing her back between her shoulders. "Ahhh.......Nothing......" She murmured, closing her eyes. "Do you like Jared and Nate?" She asked. "Yeah, they're cool." I nodded.

"Yeah....." She whispered, before falling asleep in my arms.

Do u like? It was pretty long, so it took a while to update!