Ch. 24

3 months later

Lexi's p.o.v.

"I like this shirt," I held up a frilly white tank-top. "Me too," Victoria nodded, getting in line for checkout. "I'm gonna go find something for Zayn," I waved, heading off to the boys section. "Oh this would be perfect!" I grabbed a navy blue shirt. "Hey," I spun around to see Jason. "Get away from me!" I stared up at him, frowning. "Where's Zayn?" He looked behind me. "He's waiting for me. Outside." I said through gritted teeth. "Feisty," he chuckled, punching my shoulder. "Bye, Jason." I shouldered past him. "I'll get you," he snarled, stepping on my foot as he passed me.

The guy at the counter smiled as I handed him the stuff I grabbed. "Thanks," I said as he put it all into a bag. "Hey babe," I heard Niall say as he kissed Victoria's forehead. "You look beautiful today. As always," Zayn winked at me, pulling me closer to him by the torso. "Thanks," I blushed. "I got you something." Reaching into the bag, I pulled out the shirt I bought him. "I like it." He smiled, kissing my cheek. "And I got you something. Close your eyes." I covered my eyes, ginning. I felt something on my head, and realized it was a hat. "Look!" He exclaimed. "Matching hats," I giggled. We both had blue Obey™ hats. "It's perfect." I put my hat on, and took his hand. "Come on guys!" Niall called, and I realized we were far behind them. "Hey," I said, and noticed Niall glaring at me. "Loosen up," I sighed, also noticing since Zayn and I hooked up, me and Victoria hung out less. "I was just kidding," he slapped my back, walking ahead. "Sometimes 'just kidding' hurts," I whispered, and Zayn kissed my cheek. "It's okay. I'm here." He looked at me. "Yeah," I smiled. I've never been in love like this before.

"Mom! It's not fair!" I cried, running a hand through my hair. "We have to." Her voice was firm, and she crossed her arms over her chest. "Well if we're moving, I'm leaving to live with Zayn," I stomped upstairs. "No you're not!" Nate yanked me by the arm. "But Nathan!" I felt tears roll down my cheeks. "I'm not moving!" I ran into my room and slammed the door. I called Harry, and he was in my room ten minutes later. "Come here," he held open his arms, and I cried even harder, burying my face into his chest. "Shhh....I know you're upset, but maybe it's time-" I looked up at him, horrified he'd think I should move. "But....I'm gonna miss everybody, and...my school...and my house....and...." He kissed my forehead. "What do you love about me?" He asked, sitting down. "Your eyes, your patience, your personality..." I mumbled, and he blinked at me. "I love your badass attitude." He smirked, taking my hand. I curled up on my bed next to him, my tears drying a little. I was a wreck. "I love your hair." I said, reaching up to ruffle it.

"Wait...what?!" Everybody screamed at the same time. I hung my head, tears dripping to the floor. "I'm leaving," my voice was quiet, and I felt as if somebody stabbed me in the heart. "Come on! She's kidding!" Niall chuckled, a worried look filling his eyes. "No. I'm leaving!" I shuddered, and we all joined in a group hug. "Babe....What about us?" Zayn was quiet, and tears were in his eyes. "I don't know," I wailed, sitting on the grass. "It'll be okay," Bella whispered, and I wiped my eyes. "I'm buying a house. My own house," I declared, but Niall shook his head. "Sweetie, that's not going to work. How about staying with one of us?" He asked, and I was shocked he even cared. "Mom said no," I picked at my pink nail polish. "Lexi?" Paul was behind me. I turned around, and saw him smiling. "I can help you. I'm great at getting deals on apartments." He hugged me, and I laughed. "Thanks so much!" My tears were gone. "You're not moving with out a fight." Liam said, ruffling my hair. I smiled up at him. My friends were the best.

"I bought an apartment." I lied, tucking a lock of my brown hair behind my ear. "You did?" My mother raised her eyebrows, and I nodded. "Wow...." Nate seemed upset. "I love my life here, and if I leave, I'll never be happy again." I got up, and Nathan stopped me. "Promise you'll be safe, and we'll only be gone for a year or two. But...If it's what you want, you can live here." His voice was shaky. I nodded, biting my lip. "I love you, Lex." He grinned, squeezing my shoulder. "Love you too," I headed upstairs to pack.

"It worked!" I screamed, jumping into Zayn's arms. "Yes!" Louis punched the air. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Yeah?" I asked, turning to see Courtney, the mean girl in Jared's grade. "I'm calling Jared and telling him." She smiled, grabbing her phone. I smacked it out of her hand as fast as I could, and it shattered on the concrete. "Ugh!" She was pissed. I giggled, until she pulled my hair. "Bitch!" I kicked her in the knee. "Ow!" She whimpered, backing away. "I got my stuff," I looked up at Zayn, and he scooped me up in my arms, as if I weighed nothing. "You're amazing," he breathed, happiness lighting his eyes. "So are you," I felt his lips on mine for a brief second, and I blushed. He put me down, and our hand joined together. "Let's go," Tessa smiled, and she got into Louis's Hummer. "This is the right thing to do...right?" I asked Harry. "For me, yeah...it is. But for you, it's all up to you."