Ch. 2

Lexi's p.o.v.

I felt a chill go down my spine as I headed down to my room. I wore my usual weekend outfit; sweatpants and an oversized shirt. It was the middle of fall, so the temperature was beginning to drop. I slowly curled up on my bed, turning on the television. "Dear John, possibly my favourite movie ever." I spoke quietly to myself, munching on popcorn. I heard a knock at my window. "It's two in the freaking morning." I groaned, trudging to open my window, which I might add, is on the second floor of my extremely large home. I opened it, and in stumbled Zayn Malik. "What are you doing here?" I whisper-shouted, giving him a good shove after he got to his feet. I crossed my arms over my chest, a deep frown on my face. "Hear me out, okay?" I rolled my eyes, and climbed back into my bed, holding the popcorn in my lap. "Shut up, this is my favourite movie." He suddenly took my remote, and hit pause. "What the hell do you want?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "I came to say that I'm incredibly sorry for what I did to you." His soaking wet hair flopped in front of his eyes. "I would turn back time if I could, and-" I sighed. "I accept your apology Zayn." I glanced at him. "But we're no more than friends." My jaw twitched, something that happened only when I lied. My heart sank as he nodded. "I can handle that." His smile faded as he saw my usual, impassive expression. I'd always been good at hiding my feelings.