After School

Hajime's P.O.V

I headed down towards that classroom from earlier, just as the bell rang. A girl I met today, named Natsumi Kuzuryuu, tried to stop me and ask why I was in a rush, but I ignored her entirely. I just wanted to get there, plus I didn't want to be late and have Komaeda think I was ditching out on him. That was the last thing I wanted to do. My hurrying pace was questionable to other people I passed by, but most of them never questioned me verbally. As for the people who had, I ignored them just as I did with Natsumi. Soon enough, I made it to the classroom. It took me a while, since it was in the main course hallways, while I'm in the reserve course. It was surprising that none of the staff of the school stopped me from coming over here, but I suppose I'm just lucky.

There, I find Nagito, seemingly waiting patiently. He smiles once he notices me, and walks up to me. "Hello Hinata-kun. So, where would you like to go?" He questioned. I certainly did not want to take him to my home, as my father would most likely be upset with that. "I think we should go to wherever you live, considering my father and his easy anger," I say with a sigh. And he probably wouldn't mind if I was away for a few hours. He may even like it if I was gone for just a while. No, he most definitely would. 

Nagito nodded in understanding, replying, "Alright. That sounds fine," he chuckled. "It may take a while though, if we walk.." The albino then sighed. "I mean, my apartment is a while away." Hinata suggested taking a bus instead, and Komaeda agreed to this. So then, they did as they agreed on, and took the nearest bus down to where the white haired male's apartment was. They sat at the back (luckily for them, it was open), and during the drive Nagito spoke up. "So, um.. How's it been since moving away? Have you been able to visit you mother at all?" He asked, genuinely curious. Plus he didn't want them to be stuck in an awkward silence the whole drive. But Hinata shook his head, a sigh leaving his lips. "No, I haven't been able to see her. She's moved to America for some reason, and I guess traveling is hard from there, so she can't come over. And my father, well, it should be obvious as to what he thinks about this. He has no care in the world, so he never even bothers to book a flight to America," the brunette explained. Nagito sighed as well, truly feeling bad for his childhood friend. He wasn't even sure what to say, if there even was anything to say.

But they tried moving from the depressing subject, talking about other things, like school. And a few other little things, but they sometimes got shushed by other people on the bus, for no reason at all. After a while, Komaeda's apartment building was reached. Him and the brunette left the bus, heading for the apartment building and taking an elevator up to where Nagito's room was. The cloudette took out his apartment key from his school bag, using this to open up the door. He stepped aside, allowing Hajime to go in before him. Said brown haired boy stepped in, looking around some. Nagito's apartment was certainly more cleaned than his own room, that was for sure. But he seemed to live alone, which was strange to him.

The white haired boy stepped in after, taking note of Hajime's obvious shock. "What are you so surprised about, Hinata-kun?" He chuckled, taking a seat on his couch and placing his school bag onto the floor. "Um.. Well," Hajime bit on his lip, taking a hesitant seat next to Komaeda, "What happened to your parents? Do they even live with you?" He asked, a bit ginger to ask it in the first place. With the question, a small frown spread to Nagito's face, along with his eyes darkening some, as he looked down. He knew that, if him and Hajime were to try and grow close at all again, he'd have to open up about his spirling luck and the fall of his parents. And not to mention, how dangerous it was going to be for Hinata to be around Nagito and care for him at all. 

The brunette notices Nagito's sudden change in attitude, narrowing his eyes to it. "Um.. I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?" He asked awkwardly, already having an urge to leave despite his earlier feelings and determination on trying to remember his childhood. Komaeda suddenly gripped onto his wrist, somewhat having a feeling that Hinata wanted to leave now, and he was certainly right about that feeling. "They died," he said simply, as he felt no need to add anything more onto that. It was basically just that simple, despite the cloudette's horrid luck. The brown haired boy was silent after that, unsure of what to say, but it was almost what he was expecting to be the reasoning of no parents. "I'm.. So sorry about that," he was able to muster that at the least, as he didn't want to stay in some disrespectful silence.